Another one gone, and another one gone (A&M)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: SEC Network Poised to Be Fifth Most Lucrative Sports Channel In Country

The revenues for #1 ESPN is incredible and shows just how much power they have. $7B is incredibly strong and shows how strong the brand is. Amazing the SECN jumps in at #5 with a bullet.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Re: SEC Network Poised to Be Fifth Most Lucrative Sports Channel In Country

Those numbers sound fantastic, but they're not official so it's hard to read too much into them. One thing I haven't seen yet, is how the other new SEC deals will pay out before I judge the deals that have been negotiated. The 20 million per year the SEC was getting from TV was putting them near a tie for second, not ideal considering their ratings and on field success.

I was of the opinion that their new TV deals should be more in the neighborhood of 30 million, and the network needed to be in excess of 10 million (per team, per year) just to insure teams didn't lose out by giving up tier 3 rights.

If these numbers are close to correct, the SEC is well on its way to reaching that 40 million per team, per year TV mark. To give an example, the Big 10, which is owned in a similar split payed out 7.6 million per team. If the numbers presented are accurate, this will indeed be a cash cow and in turn should lead to a lot of high quality programming as well.

Edit: Why did the thread about SEC Network money get moved into here?

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
We're bout to find out just how good of a HC Sumlin truly is right off the bat..He's either going to rally the team & they field a scrappy descent team or they fold like a cheap tent in a wind storm..I predict the latter myself..The Aggies will be hurting bad this coming season..Without his once in a generation player to bail him out..It's going to be a longggg season..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.