UGA DL Jonathan Taylor Arrested for Felony Assault, Dismissed By Richt

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Re: UGA DT arrested

​Auburn found Nick Marshall's replacement.
You owe me for the coffee I just spewed on my computer. ;-)

Seriously, I think Richt will boot him. He actually has a pretty good record for handling this sort of thing. Where he falls down is failing to prevent it.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Pretty disgusting facts in that report. I'd prefer guys like this to not even end up at Lee County Halfway Home for Gifted Footballers.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Given his prior off-field issues, I'd bet this is the end for Taylor in Athens. Pretty big loss, too, because most UGA observers were expecting him to have a big year.

If his dismissal indeed does come to fruition, I'm not sure where Taylor will go next, because he is eligible for the 2015 NFL Draft. He might pursue that route after a year playing FCS, but with his talent I'm sure he'll have plenty of options if he wants to sit out a year and continue his career at another BCS program. The usual suspects for dismissed criminal defendants -- Auburn, Louisville, USF, etc. -- would all be willing to take a flyer on this kid, I would bet.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Dismissed, as expected. Per AJC:

His McWhorter Hall residence on the UGA campus was being packed up by 1:30 p.m. and UGA issued a news release that Taylor had been kicked off the team at 2:47 p.m

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Tell me about it. I cringe every Monday morning when I listen to the news.
That's the truth. Some kids don't need structure at 18 (Julio was probably one of the most self-disciplined players in Saban's tenure) and some (really, most, even outside of sports) seem to thrive only when under constant and consistent supervision.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Poor Richt is probably thinking, "Where are these kids coming from"?
Criticize him if you want, but my goodness, it's difficult for him to say the least.
We haven't exactly been problem free this off-season.
I just wonder what these kids are thinking. I wish they knew that someone is standing in line to take their place and do things right, and make them a thing of the past.
They just can't figure it out in many cases.
sip

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I agree with Sip...don't know what's wrong with some of these kids. Got to be the way their raised?
I think a lot of them were such good athletes and players in high school that their parents, teachers, and coaches let them get away with anything. They therefore adopted this, "I can do anything" attitude and took it with them to college.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.