Spurrier vs Dabo Part 13526

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
At ACC Media Days, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said his relationship with Steve Spurrier was like they were from different planets — Pluto and Mars.

Pluto, of course, hasn’t been a planet since 2006. But leave it to Spurrier to remind Swinney of that:

Steve Spurrier on Dabo Swinney’s “He’s from Pluto, I’m from Mars” quote: “Dabo still thinks there are 9 planets out there”

Spurrier used his time going through ESPN’s “Car Wash” to take another jab at Clemson, too.

Spurrier on Clemson being 1st team from South Carolina team to win a BCS bowl: “He’s right. Although we beat them every year. We don’t get to go. They do”

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
That's hilarious. I've been wanting to buy one of those t-shirts that says, "Back in my day, there were 9 planets."

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
Actually, I think the same pinheads that said Pluto wasn't a planet after all, changed their minds & said that it is a planet a few months ago. Welcome back, Pluto! I hope that's correct, because that would make Spurrier wrong.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If I were Dabo I wouldn't get in a war of smack talk with Spurrier because he'll lose everyday. Spurrier's been doing this his entire career and uses it to his advantage more times than not. Dabo has done very well for himself at Clemson but trying to go toe to toe with Spurrier in a war of word will leave him embarrassed.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Dank ought to say that he played at Alabama and won a national title whereas Spurrier coached at Alabama (2009 USCe game) and won Mark Ingram the Heisman.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Dabo loves to talk, and it doesn't seem to phase him when he makes verbal mis-steps, he just keeps on jawing. It's just his style. His presers can last 45 minutes. I used to think he did not realize he was embarassing himself at times, but now I realize that he's just being Dabo. clemson fans love it and eat it up, so as long as they are happy he's okay talking.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Spurrier does have a realistic grip on all this talking...

Asked if he would ride with Swinney to such an event, Spurrier said, "Absolutely."

"We get along fine," Spurrier said. "We really do. Our wives are wonderful friends and are involved in a charity together. It's just a bunch of talking. That's all it is."
A lot of ans believe he takes this stuff seriously, but to him this is just fun.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.