Why is the president fundraising ?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Does it bother anyone else that the world is in turmoil and the prez is fundraising. Especially since he is not running for office.e

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
He's the head of the Democratic party. Last I heard, they have candidates on lots of ballots.
He is not the head , but is the leader. I do understand fundraising for the party, but not with so many crises around the world. Seems a better time could be found

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Does it bother anyone else that the world is in turmoil and the prez is fundraising. Especially since he is not running for office.e
He's Community Organizing the 1% to fill the Democratic coffers.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ah leave him alone - it's one of the few things he's good at.

Actually, this is part of my trouble with the whole thing. I'm absolutely certain that somewhere at some subatomic level - that the ability to raise money MUST have something to do with actually knowing how to do a job, but for the life of me I can't see it. Our last three Presidents have been fundraising powerhouses. One was irrelevant (a trained chimp could've been President during Clinton's time and the results would have been similar) and two are horrendous ideologues.

And on the fair side - I think I just recently saw an article about how the Democratic Party (national) just got out of the debt it ran up for 2012 (how you can be in debt when the standard bearer raises a BILLION dollars points to some serious problems with managing money - then again, the GOP is only in better shape financially because they lost).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He is not the head , but is the leader. I do understand fundraising for the party, but not with so many crises around the world. Seems a better time could be found
Yeah, like after November?

A strange thing here: the Democrats are going to be in a similar position to the Republicans in 2008 as far as their line of succession if Hillary doesn't run. Obama didn't pick Biden with the thought "this dude is gonna run in eight years" any more than Bush did in picking Cheney (or especially McCain picking Palin). Biden was chosen primarily because he was NOT Hillary.

Granted - I think Hillary runs (and probably loses the nomination) simply because that woman lusts after power like her husband does after women (just look at her eyes sometimes, it shows). The only wild card may be she's now in her late 60s and (from what I hear, not that I would know) one gets more reflective and generally less ambitious or wanting to take on new stresses (although I hear that challenge thing can help keep you alive).

But as I said - Barack ain't got a lot left to do. Fundraising might keep him out of Clintonesque trouble.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The answer is simple. He does it because campaigning and fundraising are all he knows. He sure doesn't know anything about governing, and he has nothing else to campaign for, so he goes out and raises funds.

What else is he going to do? Play golf?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.