Link: California Kids Football: New Rules Limit Practices Amid Concussion Fears Read Lates

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Football is a contact game and a violent game. I appreciate the effort to limit concussions and brain injuries, but I fear that football could be outlawed at some point in the future. It could happen.
There are many activities our life that might cause injuries.
If you are too fearful of injury, then don't let your child play.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly..When you limit tackling in practices & in the off season, I think it will will increase neck injuries in real games, cause the only way for coaches to teach players how to properly tackle, is with repetition, in practices & the off-season workouts..During games if players are running & playing full steam, and they make a hard tackle with poor technique, that will increase the chance of serious injuries to the players making the tackle..As you stated..No matter how much you limit full contact away from the game, the game itself will still be dangerous, and even more so dangerous, when players use poor technique from the after affects of the new Law, that bars full contact in the off-season, when that time could or should be used to help teach proper tacking technique with full contact tackle drills..
Football is a contact game and a violent game. I appreciate the effort to limit concussions and brain injuries, but I fear that football could be outlawed at some point in the future. It could happen.
There are many activities our life that might cause injuries.
If you are too fearful of injury, then don't let your child play.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I never played organized football, so I can't really comment on playing or practicing and the threat on injuries. My son played some, but never really got into it. I was never going to tell him not to play, but I wasn't too upset when he dropped it for good after his freshman year in high school.

He was really into baseball for years but now wrestles exclusively. But that sport has its own injury risks.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..Life is full of danger in our daily lives if you sit down & think about it..Every-time we turn the ignition on in our cars & trucks just to ride to the store..Is dangerous..Football is a dangerous game & a player plays the game knowing that..Don't interfere with what little time coaches has to teach the game properly to the players..I don't like the new law in the least bit..That's just me though..Cause it makes the game more dangerous when a player doesn't play with proper technique..And proper technique is learned from repetition during practices & off-season workouts & training camps..
I never played organized football, so I can't really comment on playing or practicing and the threat on injuries. My son played some, but never really got into it. I was never going to tell him not to play, but I wasn't too upset when he dropped it for good after his freshman year in high school.

He was really into baseball for years but now wrestles exclusively. But that sport has its own injury risks.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
There will always be unintended consequences from a decision like this. I'll take the wait and see approach. I'm sure there's a better way than this law, but we do need to start somewhere in reducing concussions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.