Bret Bielema takes a couple of digs at Bama

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
I have watched some of the ESPN coverage since Media Days and am amazed at opponents and coaches fixation with Alabama. As on commentator stated last night on the coverage, Alabama has been the "gold standard" for college football over the last 6 years. It seems that every coach has to make a comparison or take a shot. Strangely Mahlzan has been the quietest. Regardless it is good to be the hated due to our success. All the other programs are thrilled with 10 win seasons. The Barn is riding a wave of luck filled optimism, USCe is thrilled to have their 3rd 11 win season and We were a "disappointing 11-1" Wow! RTR

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Y'know Saban probably didn't even notice. He is intensely focused on his program and on the football capabilities and athletes of programs he faces. Fulmer is the poster child for what happens when you spend more time in other people's business than your own.
Eh, Saban will send a message when the 4th string quarterback starts the second half...and not due to injuries or poor performance by the other three.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Not that I am a fan of the Barn winning by no means. But oh Bielema better be more worried about that whipping he will be getting in about a month.

Last edited:

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
Bret, concentrate Bret. Let's focus. You open with the defending SEC champs, which is au in case you forgot. Control your obsession with Alabama, if you can. My opinion, a coach like this won't be at Arkansas or in the SEC very long.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
So we've gone from being a laughingstock to being THE TEAM TO BEAT.

Good.

Bielema better worry more about scoring a POINT first.
C'mon man, laughingstock?, is this 2008?
BTW, bovado sports book just made Bama the favorites with FSU to win the NC.

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Bielema is going to regret getting his feelings hurt at Wisky and walking into a league he can't handle. He had it pretty good in the Big 10, and should have stayed. Instead, he felt slighted at UW somehow, and torched his own career.

In unrelated news, the Wisconsin band is the most fun band I've seen perform.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Running your tongue is inherit and is hard to corner the SEC market on that. But bombing away with the cheating angle is purely stupid and don't see it going away. In 2007, Richt had to come out and imply publicly that Saban would spy out the land during practice. Why do you want to imply something that digs to the person's character without irrefutable evidence? That's more than riling someone up? Bielema seems lost.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.