Bret Bielema takes a couple of digs at Bama

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
SIAP I didn't see it. I sure hope he's confident in Arky's improvement because he is prodding the wrong team. CBB takes a shot at Bama and CLK in his interview on ESPN. You would think this gets old.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/07/bret_bielema_alabama_arkansas.html#incart_river
It`s good to be hated. If it had been Vandy, he wouldn`t give a damn. Personally, I`d rather be in the position where he, Spurrier, and every radio hack in the country was talking about us and taking shots.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Y'know Saban probably didn't even notice. He is intensely focused on his program and on the football capabilities and athletes of programs he faces. Fulmer is the poster child for what happens when you spend more time in other people's business than your own.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So we've gone from being a laughingstock to being THE TEAM TO BEAT.

Good.

Bielema better worry more about scoring a POINT first.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
BTW - here's Arkansas's points totals against UA since 2008

2008: 14
2009: 7
2010: 20
2011: 14
2012: 0
2013: 0

They haven't scored on us in over NINE AND A HALF QUARTERS

Since the last time the Hawgs even scored a point on Alabama:

Florida Atlantic has scored a TD on us
Kentucky has scored a TD on us
Ga Southern has scored THREE upon us

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's the war of coach interviews right now.

Yesterday when CNS mentioned the Auburn and Oklahoma games he basically said Auburn played good, but we didn't and that we weren't as motivated as the Sooners to play in that game. Two true statements, but you can see why opposing fan bases and the media try to make something out of it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If I'm BB, I'd be poor mouthing my team in public and praising them in private.

This way, if you win a few games you shouldn't, everybody thinks you overachieved. If you lose a lot of games, coach can say "I told you so."

Coach Bryant was the king of poor mouthing coaches. He always acted like his team was struggling when he did interviews, but in most cases, they played up to his standard.

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
You mean, this guy?

Sorry, I tried to post a picture of Curly Fine. but couldn't make it happen. Ol' Bret is a dead ringer for curly.

Last edited:

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Maybe he can get that young lady with the scotch tape under her nose to provide some new concrete motivation for the hogs...again...this year. I always felt entertained when she would supply one of her inspirational renditions for her HOGS. (Singer goes by the name of Lizhoney)

Roll Tide!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.