4yr old banned from donut shop for asking "pleasantly plump" lady if she was pregnant

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Re: 4yr old banned from donut shop for asking "pleasantly plump" lady if she was preg

If the kid was truly rude, he would ask why she was in a doughnut shop.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Re: 4yr old banned from donut shop for asking "pleasantly plump" lady if she was preg

Come to think of it, I wonder why being mistakenly considered pregnant instead of obese is considered an insult in the first place. The former is generally a good thing, while the latter tends to be frowned upon.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Sounds to me like the manager needs to be banned from the donut shop... permanently

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

If the lady he talked to wasn't pregnant, maybe she should stay out of that Doughnut Inn! Maybe she's eating too many doughnuts.

Kids are inquisitive! They say the craziest/funniest things and ask some questions that you really have to think about before answering. I know! My grandkids are full of questions. They do love doughnuts too. I try to convince them that they are BAD for their health. I don't think a 4 year old understands that. They just like sweet foods or is that food that taste sweet.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

The next thing you know Mrs. O'Bama will want to regulate doughnut shops. Pass me another jelly-filled doughnut please Michelle.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

People have asked me if I'm pregnant and I'm a man!! Hold the comedy please.:(

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

People have asked me if I'm pregnant and I'm a man!! Hold the comedy please.:(
Do you tell them the truth, that it's only a keg of beer?

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

If the lady he talked to wasn't pregnant, maybe she should stay out of that Doughnut Inn! Maybe she's eating too many doughnuts.
For the manager its simple economics,

Kick the kid out: lost sales - 1 doughnut per day.

Let the kid stay and lose the offended women: lost sales - 2 dozen per day.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Hate to hear what that kid would say about the wimmin I know..........

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

The irony of the overweight woman getting asked if she was pregnant by a 4-year-old is just too sweet.

In a related incident: Years ago, I was in an elevator when a well-meaning schmuck asked a woman in the car, "When's it due?"

She smiled and said without a trace of offense, "I'm not pregnant."

There was not another word spoken by anybody for the interminable 30 floors we had left. I really felt bad for the guy, because he meant no harm and was just trying to make conversation.

But it was also an invaluable lesson to a kid (me). To his day, I don't comment on a woman's state of pregnancy, or lack thereof, unless it's so incredibly obvious, and circumstances are so compelling, that it would be impolite not to notice.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

The irony of the overweight woman getting asked if she was pregnant by a 4-year-old is just too sweet.

In a related incident: Years ago, I was in an elevator when a well-meaning schmuck asked a woman in the car, "When's it due?"

She smiled and said without a trace of offense, "I'm not pregnant."

There was not another word spoken by anybody for the interminable 30 floors we had left. I really felt bad for the guy, because he meant no harm and was just trying to make conversation.

But it was also an invaluable lesson to a kid (me). To his day, I don't comment on a woman's state of pregnancy, or lack thereof, unless it's so incredibly obvious, and circumstances are so compelling, that it would be impolite not to notice.
A friend told me never to ask a woman if she is pregnant unless you can actually see the baby coming out of the birth canal. Better safe than sorry.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

For the manager its simple economics,

Kick the kid out: lost sales - 1 doughnut per day.

Let the kid stay and lose the offended women: lost sales - 2 dozen per day.
I call that short-sighted economics. When the kid's mother gets through talking to all her friends, and they all decide to boycott the store, the net loss could be a whole lot more than a mere 2 dozen per day.
My business philosophy has always been "Stand up for what's right, and you'll come out on the winning side every time."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.