Link: Stoops tired of Bama's Sugar Bowl excuses.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I sure would like to see the Alabama Crimson Tide vs the Oklahoma Laters in the National Championship game this year! I think we would have a motivational edge that we lacked last year.

Now, I'm not going to make excuses for last year. We got our tails kicked by a weaker foe! Did Big game Bob see that Barn miracle. That was enough to devastate and team! I dislike U. Texas but I really hope Texas beats them JUST the same way the Barn beat us last year, if they can't be good enough to play us in the NC game.

I would like to beat them so bad that they would want to fire Big game Bob.

I will NOT rest until this happens!

RTR!!!!!!!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Let me take part of that statement out. Insert Iowa State or some other school where I placed U. Texas. I hope those arrogant tu's are winless! Maybe they'll be so winless that they'll tear down their stadium to build a high rise for the progressive media. Sorry, Coach Strong. I know you are a winner!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The problem here is that Stoops is trying to have it both ways.

Hey, his team won the game and you've never heard me say any different. Stoops can say "Alabama (Whatever)" and nobody can say anything. Ok, so he's tired of excuses.

But then he brings up aTm.

Uh.....

ATM 41
OU 13

If he's going to get tired of excuses, he can't then imbibe sour grapes.

Oh and speaking of OOC schedules, Bob, how is it you have a problem with Texas A/M playing ULM WHEN YOU JUST PLAYED THEM LAST YEAR??????

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
The problem here is that Stoops is trying to have it both ways.

Hey, his team won the game and you've never heard me say any different. Stoops can say "Alabama (Whatever)" and nobody can say anything. Ok, so he's tired of excuses.

But then he brings up aTm.

Uh.....

ATM 41
OU 13

If he's going to get tired of excuses, he can't then imbibe sour grapes.

Oh and speaking of OOC schedules, Bob, how is it you have a problem with Texas A/M playing ULM WHEN YOU JUST PLAYED THEM LAST YEAR??????
:iagree:

Ok, I am somewhat in agreement with Stoops in lets just play. However, CNS was right. We knew going into that game that Bama wasn't going to try its best to win that game. It just wasn't where Bama wanted to be a la' Sugar Bowl 2009. We came with our D game at minimum and OU barely won that game. Yes, I know it was 45-31, but that defense wasn't stopping anything. We made more mistakes in that game that we did all year. It's in the past though. Lets go get another championship SEC and National!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Stoops better be more worried about the future, but if he wants to talk about the past, not only is the MNC count 4-1 in favor of Saban, it's 1-0 Saban beating Stoops head-to-head in a title game.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Whether or not our Boys were up for the game or not is a moot point, they should have been, it was two of the most storied Programs in the history of the game playing & our Boys should have more prepared for the game..There's no excuse for what happened, they lined up & beat the the hell out of us..It was embarrassing to watch..Every game our Boys play while wearing the Crimson Jersey, is a big game, cause they're representing a lot of great players, that laid the foundation of the greatest college football program in the history of the game, with a lot of blood, sweat, and tears before them..You don't put our jersey on & play half-... ever..Congrats Sooners..You were the better team & wanted it more than our Boys..I hope I never see us play another game without a lick of Pride ever again..
best post you've ever posted. sip

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The sad reality is that Alabama just doesn't view the Sugar Bowl as being that important. You can respond to that however you want, but it's the truth.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
No one on Oklahoma's team has ever played for a title, much less won one. To them the Sugar Bowl vs Bama is the highlight of their football career .

MOST of our guys had never played in a bowl game that wasn't for a BCS title.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Truth is, we came out ready to play. They were playing about six feet over their head and were putting up an incredible fight. Still, we were tied 17-17, first and goal inside the 10. This close to getting control of the game.
T.J. fumbled, they picked it up, ran it back to the 50, regained all momentum, and the entire game turned around. Add in a couple of interceptions that A.J. threw and there's your answer.
Moral of the story--no matter how much better you are than the team you're playing, if you make critical turnovers, you're gonna get beat.
If you look at most all upsets that have ever happened in college football, it's almost always the result of turnovers. Very rarely does a big underdog come out and just kick the total crap out of the favorite.
But honestly, in retrospect, I think we were ready to play this game, we just made too many self inflicted mistakes while OU played the best game they've played in ten years.
Doesn't matter now. The only game that matters is the next one, and I'm looking forward to it.
Roll Tide.
sip

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Whether or not our Boys were up for the game or not is a moot point, they should have been, it was two of the most storied Programs in the history of the game playing & our Boys should have more prepared for the game..There's no excuse for what happened, they lined up & beat the the hell out of us..It was embarrassing to watch..Every game our Boys play while wearing the Crimson Jersey, is a big game, cause they're representing a lot of great players, that laid the foundation of the greatest college football program in the history of the game, with a lot of blood, sweat, and tears before them..You don't put our jersey on & play half-... ever..Congrats Sooners..You were the better team & wanted it more than our Boys..I hope I never see us play another game without a lick of Pride ever again..
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I'll add 'to the victor goes the spoils'. If we don't want to hear the bragging and trash talk then don't lose in such embarrassing fashion. It's equally the players and coaches fault for not being prepared nor mentally showing up and it's disgraceful.

Stoops out coached CNS and the Sooner players outplayed us. As fans we don't have to like it but accept it. We need a mindset change inside the program and the fanbase. We are far too arrogant in looking down on other programs and not taking teams seriously that we deem 'beneath us'.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..And The Sooners wanted to prove they were supposed to be there & was our equal..All you heard leading up to the game from the media, was how we were going to blow The Sooners out & that allowed them to have that proverbial "Chip On Their Shoulder"..And they played that way & literally blew us out from the 1st snap on..
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I'll add 'to the victor goes the spoils'. If we don't want to hear the bragging and trash talk then don't lose in such embarrassing fashion. It's equally the players and coaches fault for not being prepared nor mentally showing up and it's disgraceful.

Stoops out coached CNS and the Sooner players outplayed us. As fans we don't have to like it but accept it. We need a mindset change inside the program and the fanbase. We are far too arrogant in looking down on other programs and not taking teams seriously that we deem 'beneath us'.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
Yup..And The Sooners wanted to prove they were supposed to be there & was our equal..All you heard leading up to the game from the media, was how we were going to blow The Sooners out & that allowed them to have that proverbial "Chip On Their Shoulder"..And they played that way & literally blew us out from the 1st snap on..

Actually, Bama scored with ease to take the lead after the kickoff.

I don't think our guys laid down or just waived the white flag - but there is no doubt we were not motivated to prepare like we should.\

And we still could have won the game

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I would imagine that 99% of College Football players today couldn't give a rat's backside about history -- as much as we would like to think they do. Now, it's all about Now -- it's all about 2 years from now -- and very little to do with the past.

History is for a bunch of bloggers, overweight bulletin board posters, SportsCenter late night DJs, and Diehard Bama Fans. :)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
You're correct & I should have worded that better..Even when we took the lead you could just sense we just was never in control of the game &The Sooners was going to take the lead back fairly quickly..As you stated..Our Boys were never motivated even though we were playing against Oklahoma..I hope we get a shot of redemption & break The Sooner's hearts in the Championship Game..
Actually, Bama scored with ease to take the lead after the kickoff.

I don't think our guys laid down or just waived the white flag - but there is no doubt we were not motivated to prepare like we should.\

And we still could have won the game

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think our guys played hard but they didn't play with the edge the Sooners did. They weren't willing to match their intensity and focus. In other words the Sooners wanted it more and that's what football is all about, who wants it more. Unfortunately it was the second time in Saban's tenure that we failed to match the other team's intensity in the Sugar Bowl. It is what it is and for us it is time to move on. The sooners won the game so they can wallow and bask in the glory of that win all they want. I'm not real interested in going over the details of it. We got beat. The end.

Last edited:

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
As fans we WANT that bowl W.

As players they play for a national championship. Am I surprised they played like they did after that loss against the barn? No. As a whole the team lost its focus and started looking elsewhere than how to beat OU. (ie. NFL, college parties, next season).

It is what it is, Bobby. You didn't beat us. We lost it. There's a difference.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.