Link: Stoops tired of Bama's Sugar Bowl excuses.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Truth hurts Bob. Still means Saban failed at getting the team ready. Of course that is the challenge when you get to the top of the mountain, you have to make your own obstacles.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
IMHO, this is really pretty simple. Alabama felt like their season was somewhat lost and didn't come into the OU game motivated and hungry. That's simple truth #1. As a result, OU throttled us and they get to brag about it. Simple truth #2. Not sure why there are any hurt feelings either way. OU may want the Sugar bowl game to have meant more to us but it just didn't. We wish we didn't have to listen to OU talk about their victory but when you get your tail handed to you like we did that's just part of the deal.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am sure that he was responding to a question, but he really doesn't see that his style of communication is juvenile. You don't strengthen your program by knocking others, yet he does it time and again.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I am just glad that the SEC coaches as a group don't sit around at media days spending time talking about other programs and conferences. The obsession with the SEC is mind-blowing and they (coaches and admin. of other schools and conferences) all complain about the hype we get but they promote us as much as the media.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I am just glad that the SEC coaches as a group don't sit around at media days spending time talking about other programs and conferences. The obsession with the SEC is mind-blowing and they (coaches and admin. of other schools and conferences) all complain about the hype we get but they promote us as much as the media.
I agree with you 100%. They just try to bring our conference and school down. I think it is all part of the game these other conferences are playing to position themselves for the playoff. I think the whole "cheating" remarks made the other day by the big 12 commissioner were aimed toward the SEC as well. I feel that it is kind of like the lawyers I used to play basketball with everyday. They would fuss and cuss each other during the game and when they finished playing they were all friends and had a good time. I don't think the coaches take things nearly as personal as we the fans do.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
He also needs to be careful about how much smack he talks. I think Kiffin was one of the OC's when USC put the beat down on ol big game Bob. Coach Kiffin has got a lot of weapons here too.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Stoops is jealous and obsessed with Bama, like many other coaches. That being said, our players should have had enough pride to prepare and go out and bury 'em.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Whether or not our Boys were up for the game or not is a moot point, they should have been, it was two of the most storied Programs in the history of the game playing & our Boys should have more prepared for the game..There's no excuse for what happened, they lined up & beat the the hell out of us..It was embarrassing to watch..Every game our Boys play while wearing the Crimson Jersey, is a big game, cause they're representing a lot of great players, that laid the foundation of the greatest college football program in the history of the game, with a lot of blood, sweat, and tears before them..You don't put our jersey on & play half-... ever..Congrats Sooners..You were the better team & wanted it more than our Boys..I hope I never see us play another game without a lick of Pride ever again..

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Stoop's program has lost it's national winning edge some years ago. The sugar bowl was absolutely the best thing to happen to his team for many moons. Last season's beat down vs TAMU really felt like bob was waving goodby to NC relevance. His biggest obstacle has always been just getting through his schedule against decent teams. It's what he was doing in the sugar bowl to begin with. He's always had superior talent, lets see him project it out for 12 games, for a change?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Both sides just need to shut up and move on here. For us, we should have played better and shown up mentally, but even if we had I don't know that we would have won that night. Oklahoma played lights out, and I'm not even convinced that FSU could have beaten them the way that they played. I am sick of Stoops taking every opportunity to take a shot at us and the SEC, so in that sense he needs to just move on and leave it on the field. With that said, we lost, we can't change that, so now it's time to move on and beat the cap out of them next year.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
That is partially ESPN's fault , they kept asking Bob the same question all day. On One show, I heard Bob say that OU 'got up ' to play a consolation game , they were use to playing for a national title. He also said he complimented the top half of the SEC last year. The media types like to create buzz by theses types of articles and questions . Nothing more, nothing less.
I 'm not sticking up for Bob, especially since he admitted he got a bump in recruiting from the Sugar bowl. Just saying some of this is the media. The real problem I have is that they keep saying OU 'crushed 'Alabama. These people didn't watch the game. Bama out gained OU by almost a Hundred yards.

dajbama

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2011
That is partially ESPN's fault , they kept asking Bob the same question all day. On One show, I heard Bob say that OU 'got up ' to play a consolation game , they were use to playing for a national title. He also said he complimented the top half of the SEC last year. The media types like to create buzz by theses types of articles and questions . Nothing more, nothing less.
I 'm not sticking up for Bob, especially since he admitted he got a bump in recruiting from the Sugar bowl. Just saying some of this is the media. The real problem I have is that they keep saying OU 'crushed 'Alabama. These people didn't watch the game. Bama out gained OU by almost a Hundred yards.
Just like the Barn game we came up short. However, both games were no blowouts by no means. My opinion, we lost our competitive edge and mistakes, missed assignments, penalties, and giving up points were the direct result. I don't blame senior leadership, freshmen all stars, referees, nor the media. Its a game. If you give your opponent a chance to win sometimes they win. We have to just put these teams away early and often. I know, easy said than done. Roll Tide in 2014 from Korea!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.