Scarbinsky punks Stoops and backs Saban!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I admit it would be hilarious if La Tech knocked OU off in the opener.

It won't happen, but it would be hysterically funny if it did.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
How you figure? I am not saying what Saban said is what Bama fans want to hear nor other schools want to hear. But anyone who understands Alabama Football expectations ans the significance of being #1 vs a long list of losers starting with #2, knows that what Saban said is true. The players coming to TTown are coming to win a championship and get to the next level. They are not coming to be proud of 10 or 11 wins and finishing not at the top.

Scarbinsky is just telling Stoops and the haters out there that face it. At Alabama its win it all or in our eyes a failure and a letdown. So playing in any game other than the championship is just an exhibition. Times have changed and I want to win every game but I understand that today players will not peak and play to their potential when the prize is no longer within reach. Its the nature of the sport and how it has evolved over the years.

Last edited:

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Eh...."games that matter". Trust me, if Alabama had won that game CNS would have reminded every recruit he talked to that we were Sugar Bowl champs and especially any recruits that were also considering a BigXII school. They ALL matter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.