AL Man Goes in for Circumcision & Wakes to Find Penis Amputated

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Wouldn't someone have to sign some papers allowing for the amputation though? Seems like they'd keep him sedated and go ask the wife to sign off on it based on the situation, not just remove his member because they thought it was in his best interest. Wouldn't think in this day and age of litigation someone would be brazen enough to even try that, even if it were of the best intentions, including saving ones life.
I've got friends who are doctors who have unexpectedly found serious problems (including cancer) while doing unrelated, fairly uncomplicated procedures. Unless what they found was an IMMEDIATE danger to the patient, they finished the procedure they planned and discussed options about how to deal with the newly discovered problem with the patient AFTER they've recovered. I think this is standard procedure. It takes a day or so at most to "recover" from a vasectomy enough to make rational, informed descisions. I can't imagine they found some medical issue so dangerous that they couldn't have waited a day to amputate the guys penis.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
There's just got to be some interesting facts other than what's out on the media now. My best guess is that they went in and found dispersed cancer and just couldn't save both the organ and his life...
(FIFY)

Seems like there was such a case not too long ago, where the surgeon discovered cancer and went ahead and amputated it. Could have been a similar thing here. My big question is, was there such a rush that they couldn't have woken the guy up an explained the situation before finishing the procedure. Instead, it sounds like they let him discover this little surprise all on his own and then wouldn't tell him how or why it happened.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I've got friends who are doctors who have unexpectedly found serious problems (including cancer) while doing unrelated, fairly uncomplicated procedures. Unless what they found was an IMMEDIATE danger to the patient, they finished the procedure they planned and discussed options about how to deal with the newly discovered problem with the patient AFTER they've recovered. I think this is standard procedure. It takes a day or so at most to "recover" from a vasectomy enough to make rational, informed descisions. I can't imagine they found some medical issue so dangerous that they couldn't have waited a day to amputate the guys penis.
i haven't made a rational, informed decision since my vasectomy two years ago

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
are you going to be the hospital's lawyer?
You obviously haven't gathered a lot about me. I have a masters at law in taxation from NYU. I practice mainly probate law, wills, trusts, etc. and business law. I never enter a court room except as a witness. That's the reason I place a disclaimer in every post I make outside my normal practice area. Oh, I also try not to stereotype architects (although I certainly have good experiential reason to do so...).

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You obviously haven't gathered a lot about me. I have a masters at law in taxation from NYU. I practice mainly probate law, wills, trusts, etc. and business law. I never enter a court room except as a witness. That's the reason I place a disclaimer in every post I make outside my normal practice area. Oh, I also try not to stereotype architects (although I certainly have good experiential reason to do so...).
i was just kidding you Earle

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
My BiL does that in Birmingham. As far as lawyering goes it's pretty innocuous - those aren't the type of lawyers you want to throw off a bridge.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was diagnosed with testicular cancer a few years ago and the doctor ordered the offending object removed. As I was being wheeled back to surgery, I told my wife the next time I saw her I'd be half the man I was before.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My BiL does that in Birmingham. As far as lawyering goes it's pretty innocuous - those aren't the type of lawyers you want to throw off a bridge.
Well, plaintiff's lawyers really have their places also. They are needed as "policemen" of the liability field, if nothing else. However, I will say that there just seems to be so more of a variation from the really good, conscientious, firms to the mass-advertising bottom-feeders. Speaking of just our market, I have 2-3 reputable plaintiff's firms I refer to. I'm never going to refer to a kid with four years experience and a huge staff of three who appears to have millions to spend on TV spots of his flying over the city with a purple cape. Barf. I'm also not going to refer to a Birmingham lawyer with billboards all over and doesn't even live here. There are certain kinds of of plaintiff's cases which genuinely need to go to an out of area lawyer, particularly medical cases, for example. Auto cases? Never! Just a waste of time to go to a lawyer who doesn't know the local judges, etc...

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Well, plaintiff's lawyers really have their places also. They are needed as "policemen" of the liability field, if nothing else. However, I will say that there just seems to be so more of a variation from the really good, conscientious, firms to the mass-advertising bottom-feeders. Speaking of just our market, I have 2-3 reputable plaintiff's firms I refer to. I'm never going to refer to a kid with four years experience and a huge staff of three who appears to have millions to spend on TV spots of his flying over the city with a purple cape. Barf. I'm also not going to refer to a Birmingham lawyer with billboards all over and doesn't even live here. There are certain kinds of of plaintiff's cases which genuinely need to go to an out of area lawyer, particularly medical cases, for example. Auto cases? Never! Just a waste of time to go to a lawyer who doesn't know the local judges, etc...
I see what you did, there. But we know where he can get that fixed, now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.