Really Hope Bama gets the ball in the right guys hands this year...

PirateJoe2233

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
There is soo many talented offensive weapons this year. I really hope OJ Howard and Jalston Fowler are not under-utilized. I've called Fowler a bulldozer since day 1. Yeldon is a great back. The list of receivers goes on and on. Drake and Henry are incredible. If the O-line gets the job done, this offense may be better than 2012. Just hope we can score enough to beat Auburn.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
There is soo many talented offensive weapons this year. I really hope OJ Howard and Jalston Fowler are not under-utilized. I've called Fowler a bulldozer since day 1. Yeldon is a great back. The list of receivers goes on and on. Drake and Henry are incredible. If the O-line gets the job done, this offense may be better than 2012. Just hope we can score enough to beat Auburn.
Ah, I see you woke up from your Barner worship to come back and YET AGAIN make an Auburn reference.

(Didn't your last thread get expunged from this place? I would tread VERY carefully if I were you).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let's take a look:

1) Praising Auburn

They were certainly unstoppable yesterday, and unstoppable on their last drive vs. Bama. Makes me sick thinking about it.
2) Reference to how devastating the Iron Bowl loss is

It's a fact that Bama loses some great players/leaders off this year's squad. Although we suffered the worst loss ever in the Iron Bowl, the future is bright. Defense should be great as usual, receiving corps will be very talented, return a stable of backs, and lots of talented O-lineman will be back. If Bama can get Jacob Coker, or if one of the current quarterbacks emerge like AJ did a few years back, Bama will be tough to beat. Next year I'm expecting a 10-2 or 11-1 type regular season. But I really really really hope we beat Auburn next year in Tuscaloosa. I get sick everytime I think about 11/30/13.

3) Forrest Gump reference you thought nobody would notice (and listed first)

What former player should I get on jersey?
A few Jersey numbers/players I was thinking are; Forrest Gump #44, Jay Barker #7, Cornelius Bennett #86, Derrick Thomas #55, Barry Kraus #77, Rolando Mcclain #25 (intimidation factor), Dante Hightower #30, Dennis Riddle #29, George Teague #13...

What jersey would you get?
4) Started a post about next year's Iron Bowl even before the Sugar Bowl was played

What do ya'll think. As we all know a whole lot can happen between now and then... Dang I wish we could play them tomorrow

5) Praising Gus Malzahn and Auburn yet again with puff piece

Currently it feels like Auburn is on top of the world. History tells us that Bama will eventually bounce back. However, unless somebody figures out Gus Malzahn and the HUNH, or Malzahn leaves to go to NFL or elsewhere.... it's gonna be extremely tough for anyone to beat Auburn. Auburn has the knack for winning close games. They have the swagger and "we will not be denied" attitude that great football teams possess. Everyone can say they got "lucky" to beat Georgia and Alabama, but at the end of the day...it is what it is... Bama has great players and Nick Saban is a great coach, but could Malzahn's offense be the equivalent of Bryant unveiling the wishbone and going on to dominate the SEC for 10 years? Hate to sound like a pessimist.... I just need to blow off some steam
6) Somehow you thought Auburn's kicker was actually Alabama's kicker, something no true Tide fan would do (because most of us don't even know the name of the Auburn kicker - it's not like you've had a Jan Stenerud or Adam Vinatieri there)

The Cody Parkey missed field goal in 1st half, the garbage "taunting" penalty, the no call "facemask" on Jaboo, the garbage no call "horsecollar" late in game... Chris Davis could have been called for 10 pass interference penalties...What other plays stood out?
7) STARTED YET ANOTHER POST asking about Auburn on January 7

Who do you think they lose to? I think Bama has good shot at knocking them off. They gonna be tough to beat. They have soft schedule in September... will probably get better as season goes on.
8) The next day started ANOTHER POST about Auburn

Auburn is the flavor of the month right now. Could they possibly have a huge letdown year next year? They will have target on back in every game. If Tre Mason leaves early, they don't have a back that is as good as he is. Bama has gotta do something to return to dominate form. I can't handle a loss to Auburn again. We gotta find a good QB too

9) An Auburn reference in a thread having SOLELY to do with Alabama players

FSU running back Ronnie Wilder has a freakish looking body...Suprised he didnt get as many carries against Auburn
10) Started ANOTHER POST allegedly about West Virginia but with an Auburn reference in the first paragraph

Anybody have any info on them as a team? Hopefully Bama can find a QB and blow em out to establish confidence. If Bama can get through this game, we will have a few weeks to improve before Gators come to T-town. I don't see Bama struggling with Southern Miss or Florida Atlantic. One thing that really helped Auburn this year was how the front end of their schedule was relatively weak with the exception of LSU. This allowed their team to improve throughout the season. Just think, if they played Georgia, Bama, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, or LSU in September they would have lost em all (almost got knocked off by Washington State and Mississippi State).
11) Another Auburn reference in the same thread just minutes later

For the record, I hope Auburn loses every game they play... I'm a little bit AUbsessed right now cause they beat us and trying to get over it. I was at the Sugar Bowl and cheered for Bama as hard as anyone in that stadium...
12) Another Auburn reference in ANOTHER started thread

I smell a Barner, and I'd advise you to either come clean or take a hike. This place DOES allow opposing fans but given the facts:

a) 12 of your 20 non-deleted posts reference Auburn, 95% of them positively
b) you've begun multiple threads and brought up Auburn
c) you are so familliar with Auburn's kicker you think he kicks for Alabama and yet cannot even SPELL Donta Hightower (really? Dante?)
d) you just "happened" to have registered here right after the Iron Bowl and make a bunch of references to it

I sense we have a phony here.

MOOOOOOO!!!!!

Be forewarned, sir: I've got a memory for things you would simply not believe, so don't even try this.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Methinks the Cody Parkey reference was a Freudian Slip. This guy is obviously a Barn troll. He'll be gone soon enough.
Bingo - not one Tide fan would ever refer to our kicker as "Cody Parkey," not even someone who went to high school with him and now goes to another school. It's one thing to not know our kicker's name (since we use multiple kickers, I would look past that even if I groaned); it's another to list Auburn's kicker.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Bingo - not one Tide fan would ever refer to our kicker as "Cody Parkey," not even someone who went to high school with him and now goes to another school. It's one thing to not know our kicker's name (since we use multiple kickers, I would look past that even if I groaned); it's another to list Auburn's kicker.
Why the trouble of a disguise? Is there some secret info that otherwise wouldn't be available? Seems like an awful lot of false praise to dish out to my heated opponent just to keep my identity unknown. Ugh!!!

Of course there's LSU, don't get the zero tolerance, but I didn't live through the events that created them. I know from visiting tigerfan, "red" knows his stuff and is semi-tolerant about opposing points of view. I do believe the NC beat down did change the fun and ease of many Crimson rival conversations.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Why the trouble of a disguise? Is there some secret info that otherwise wouldn't be available? Seems like an awful lot of false praise to dish out to my heated opponent just to keep my identity unknown. Ugh!!!

Of course there's LSU, don't get the zero tolerance, but I didn't live through the events that created them. I know from visiting tigerfan, "red" knows his stuff and is semi-tolerant about opposing points of view. I do believe the NC beat down did change the fun and ease of many Crimson rival conversations.
I am with you on this one. B1GTIDE is an Ohio St. fan, but he participates quite a bit. He has never hidden behind a mask on here. There is also the AU fan with the tennis ball logo that isn't a bad guy. Just come on and talk rational football and quit acting. It sounds like some of the kids I teach at school who are barn fans. They only remember the last play, not history.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
TT, there were several good LSU fans on this board, unfortunately there were those that were bent on just arguing, nothing more. I think that was the reason for the banishment. Kinda got out of hand. I really liked the opposing view of the Ones that actually engaged in 'thoughtful conversation'.

Selma , good job in sniffing out the barner, even going to the trouble of researching past posts. In the past, a less PC, less Gentle board, we would simply respond with moo. As your the substance of OP's comments, I really don't believe the barn will be a problem. I really believe Nick has Gus' high school offense figured out. I just don't see the barn scoring more than 2 touchdowns in Iron Bowl 2014. Heard it here first!

Maybe SBTF should be barn sherriff!!! Maybe change your name to cattle prod or something ...or something

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don't get the disguise either. B1GTIDE is really cool and primarily an OSU fan. Bazza is a Gator IIRC and is very level headed as well. I would think it's been est. if fans of other teams can be respectful and offer insightful debate/discussion they are more than welcome.

I do wish the LSU ban would be lifted because they weren't all bad and tensions should have died down some by now. But maybe it's more trouble than it's worth if the bad LSU fans vastly overwhelm the goods ones.

Any AU lurkers out there just come clean. If you can act civil we can talk football here I would hope.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Let's take a look:

1) Praising Auburn

2) Reference to how devastating the Iron Bowl loss is

[/B]

3) Forrest Gump reference you thought nobody would notice (and listed first)

4) Started a post about next year's Iron Bowl even before the Sugar Bowl was played

5) Praising Gus Malzahn and Auburn yet again with puff piece

6) Somehow you thought Auburn's kicker was actually Alabama's kicker, something no true Tide fan would do (because most of us don't even know the name of the Auburn kicker - it's not like you've had a Jan Stenerud or Adam Vinatieri there)

7) STARTED YET ANOTHER POST asking about Auburn on January 7

8) The next day started ANOTHER POST about Auburn

9) An Auburn reference in a thread having SOLELY to do with Alabama players

10) Started ANOTHER POST allegedly about West Virginia but with an Auburn reference in the first paragraph

11) Another Auburn reference in the same thread just minutes later

12) Another Auburn reference in ANOTHER started thread

I smell a Barner, and I'd advise you to either come clean or take a hike. This place DOES allow opposing fans but given the facts:

a) 12 of your 20 non-deleted posts reference Auburn, 95% of them positively
b) you've begun multiple threads and brought up Auburn
c) you are so familliar with Auburn's kicker you think he kicks for Alabama and yet cannot even SPELL Donta Hightower (really? Dante?)
d) you just "happened" to have registered here right after the Iron Bowl and make a bunch of references to it

I sense we have a phony here.

MOOOOOOO!!!!!

Be forewarned, sir: I've got a memory for things you would simply not believe, so don't even try this.
i think that pirate joe is nate silver's nom de plume ;)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I am with you on this one. B1GTIDE is an Ohio St. fan, but he participates quite a bit. He has never hidden behind a mask on here. There is also the AU fan with the tennis ball logo that isn't a bad guy. Just come on and talk rational football and quit acting. It sounds like some of the kids I teach at school who are barn fans. They only remember the last play, not history.
i think you are referring to audub, a good rival poster

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
I recognize the name, the guy is a barner. He had been deleted many times before and hopefully will get banned.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
If the guy/gal would have posted some of that drivel in blue font, we would probably be commiserating with him. Or her. As it stands, I don't think she's kidding.
mega moo.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.