Two Texas players charged with felony sexual assault

JohnS

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 7, 2013
More details:

According to court documents obtained by the American-Statesman, UT police officers found the victim under a desk crying. She was barefoot and had disheveled hair.

The alleged victim told police she came back from Sixth Street and agreed to engage consensual sex with Menader, according to court documents. Then, Sanders knocked on the door and was allowed in by Meander.

Sanders began taking off his clothes while Mender went into the bathroom, and the alleged victim said she did not want to have sex with him, the court documents state. Sanders got in bed anyway and forced himself on the alleged victim.

“Sanders told the victim she would like it and that it is going to feel good,” the affidavit states. The documents go into graphic detail how Sanders had sex with the alleged victim, which included vagial and anal intercouse.

At some point, Meander came back into the room and the two players “forcibly penetrated the victim” together. At that point, the alleged victim said she no longer wanted to have sex with Meander.

Then, according to the documents, the alleged victim saw a camera flash and suspected she was begin recorded. The alleged victim dressed and left the room crying.

Hope there is swift and fair justice. The story that is coming out of this is pretty bad.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
There is something strange about this statement in the article.

"Texas coach Charlie Strong told the Austin American-Statesman on Tuesday that both players would be suspended if they were eventually charged for the incident, which occurred in June"

Boosters going to pay big money.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
This is just like Muschamp weeding out Meyers' thugs, although Strong may not even have to act. But these aren't his players and I'm sure he's thinking "hit the road, Jack." Something tells me he won't tolerate much nonsense.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Yeah, even if you believe it was all consensual, this isn't the first time a fellow player has tried to join in on an intimate moment (or rape in progress).

Kudos to Coach Strong for indefinitely suspending these guys. Maybe Jimbo Fisher should take notes.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I repeat my question from way too many similar threads: Forget football for a second. How do these guys stay in school?

Suppose they weren't scholarship athletes. What's the school's policy on a typical student accused of sexual assault?

To put it on a personal level, how would you feel about your daughter sitting between Messers. Meander and his compadre in class? Crossing paths with them on the UTw version of the quad after the library closed?

I'm aware of the potential for false accusation, and would arrange video-recorded tutorial instruction pending the outcome of a legitimate (i.e., not a Tallahassee PD) legal investigation. Then act according to its findings.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.