Rich Rod comments on Nick Saban's opinion of HUNH offenses

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I would be jealous & in bad mood when it comes to Coach Saban if I were Rich Rod..Coach Saban comes home to the beautiful Mrs Terry..And Rich Rod comes home to this..I would be cussing Coach Saban for what he's worth as well & belittle him trying to make my ego feel better..Rita looks like a Meth user she's so skinny..She really does..

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I would be jealous & in bad mood when it comes to Coach Saban if I were Rich Rod..Coach Saban comes home to the beautiful Mrs Terry..And Rich Rod comes home to this..I would be cussing Coach Saban for what he's worth as well & belittle him trying to make my ego feel better..Rita looks like a Meth user she's so skinny..She really does..

I am betting Mrs. Terry is older than Rita too.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Let's compare Rich Rod's offenses each year since Saban has been in Tuscaloosa:

TeamPointsYardsBama PointsBama Yards
2007 WVU39.6/515593127.1/3524859
2008 Michigan20.3/246348930.1/4224981
2009 Michigan29.5/354461432.1/4495642
2010 Michigan32.8/426635335.7/4645773
2012 Arizona38.2/496684038.7/5426237
2013 Arizona33.5/435596038.2/4965903

Yeah, his offenses are constantly head and shoulders over Alabama's. And let's not forget how often Alabama's offense goes into cruise mode in the third quarter.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
If you were a blue chip recruit that plays defense, would you want to play for RR? We will have the Hunh figured out this season. Coach Saban is on top of it and you can see it in the type of players he's recruiting.
Unfortunately for these Hunh coaches, you just can't out score everyone. Defense is necessary to win a championship.
Michigan is recruiting well but still suffering from his tenure there. Man we dodged a bullet when he didn't come to Bama.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If you were a blue chip recruit that plays defense, would you want to play for RR? We will have the Hunh figured out this season. Coach Saban is on top of it and you can see it in the type of players he's recruiting.
Unfortunately for these Hunh coaches, you just can't out score everyone. Defense is necessary to win a championship.
Michigan is recruiting well but still suffering from his tenure there. Man we dodged a bullet when he didn't come to Bama.
The absolute best thing that has ever happened to Alabama football is when he changed his mind.
Without that decision, we would have never had Saban.
His wife influenced his decision to back away.
I absolutely think she is the hottest and smartest woman on the planet. I'm so in love with her I can't even explain it :)
sip

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Bama has scored more points per game than Arizona every year for the last five years........and how many of Bama's games were blowouts, so they played the second and third string in the second half (compared to how many for the Wild Cats and other HUNH teams)? You don't need HUNH to score a lot of points.....if you don't have great defense every game, you don't win championships (i.e. Oregon Ducks).

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The absolute best thing that has ever happened to Alabama football is when he changed his mind.
Without that decision, we would have never had Saban.
His wife influenced his decision to back away.
I absolutely think she is the hottest and smartest woman on the planet. I'm so in love with her I can't even explain it :)
sip
I've always thought Mal low balled him so he wouldn't take the job. People of influence wanted Rich Rod but Mal never gave up on Coach Saban.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Just reminds us what the next defensive step in the HUNH offense evolution has to be. As long as the 2008 rule is in effect we can NOT sub personnel when we want to match up or run diff schemes. It will continue to be dictated by these hybrid teams and the only time they are not in a hurry is for a fair fight. This season, I want to see defensive players standing on the sidelines in a sprinters pose, whether individuals or groups and getting ready to haul butt in the game as soon as that whistle blows. When they strike that meerkat stare, the shift is on.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
The most amazing thing about his remarks are his sheer stupidity in making them.

I mean how could he possibly think he would benefit in ANY possible way?

He's only considered an average coach after how he butchered things at Michigan so it's not like he's gonna advance his career by questioning a man who routinely hires and fires better coaches than himself. Does he really think he impressed anyone by showing such a willingness to run his mouth in such a way?

Far better to hold one's tongue than to make such stupid remarks re a man who's generally regarded as the best in the game currently and a man who has 4 NC's, which is 4 more than RR will ever have.

BTW, wonder what his defensive coaches think of his statements, like their efforts are trivial and meaningless?

As far as who would pay to see great D, he need only look to Coach Saban, a defensive genius who is making more money than anyone else by stressing it.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
When he's won 4 NC's, then he can criticize Coach Saban! Not until! I just don't think he will ever win one NC!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
When he's won 4 NC's, then he can criticize Coach Saban! Not until! I just don't think he will ever win one NC!
Well he sure had his chance in 2007 but they completely blew to a Pitt team that was 4-7 coming into that game and I bet that still haunts him to.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.