The Earth dodged a solar bullet in 2012

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...orm-changed-life-know-2012.html#ixzz38TXraChJ

Scientists have revealed that Earth came perilously close to a solar storm that could have 'changed life as we know it', causing widespread power failures and knocking out GPS and communication networks.

On July 23, 2012, a plasma cloud or 'CME' rocketed away from the sun as fast as 3000 km/s, more than four times faster than a typical eruption.

Had the eruption occurred just one week earlier, the blast site would have been facing Earth, rather than off to the side.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Did we dodge it, or did it just miss? We need to do an expensive study to understand how the earth moves, accelerates or decelerates to avoid solar bullets. Does the earth have some sort of Matrix inspired ability to see the bullets in slow motion? We need to get our best scientists on this. It needs to be understood and they need something to study that we can pay for.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
In a related matter, I narrowly missed having a serious accident when I was driving back from Dothan this week. Of course I drive down there every couple of weeks and every trip is different from the rest. Hence, I don't have time to worry about what almost happened, but didn't.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.