CFN preview: 2014 Alabama Crimson Tide

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
http://cfn.scout.com/2/1423130.html

Overall pretty good. My gut tells me the defense will be good this year and we'll be fine.
i love how people use the IB as the signal Saban is losing it. They had 21 points at home thru 58 minutes and were incredibly lucky to win. In the SB Bama was driving to tie up the game in the last minute before turning it over. Give me a break

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Is Alabama schedule really by that easy or are they just so much better and more talented??? The barn plays 7 of the same opponents Bama does yet their schedule is 15th to Alabama's 95th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i love how people use the IB as the signal Saban is losing it. They had 21 points at home thru 58 minutes and were incredibly lucky to win. In the SB Bama was driving to tie up the game in the last minute before turning it over. Give me a break
That's how I feel as well. Things happen. That's how it will always be. Though we should have won those games, it's just time to put it behind us. I wish everyone else would too.

We will see soon how good Alabama will be. If we look shaky against WV, kinda like we did against VT then it could be a repeat of last season.

I don't think that will happen though. I think we will see inspiration out of our team this year.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
There is no way in Hades that one SEC teams schedule can be rated 15th while another is rated 95th.
Come on. What if we beat West Virginia and then they win ten in a row.
Schedule toughness is something no one knows anything about right now. It remains to be seen.
sip

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Bama plays the same SEC West teams as AU. They play us and we play them, so advantage them in terms of SOS.

In other SEC games AU plays the two teams picked at the top of the SEC East while Bama plays two of the three East teams that didn't make a bowl.

In OOC games Bama and AU both play 3 stinkers. The marque game for Bama is against a team Bama scheduled coming off a 70 point outburst in a BCS bowl. Auburn plays at a team that made a BCS appearance two years ago themselves. The difference is that WVU went 4-8 last year while Kansas State was a more respectable 8-5.

Its not surprise Bama's schedule isn't respected. It's rather weak. Other than playing at LSU every game should be a solid W. Auburn could play as well as last year and go 9-3.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Florida will be our 1st test but I haven't seen enough of Driskel to make me think they will beat us. Olemiss and missippii state scare me the most, reason being ole miss is away and they have the talent to make it a very shaky game, and moo state has us at BDS after a trip to Baton Rouge sporting one of the best d-lines and Prescott. As for auburn I think we will have the stadium rocking and players motivated to beat them. LSU is the unknown for me because they have to replace a boat load of players and that makes me tend to think they are going to be like they were in 08 tough but young.
So on paper we look like we are in a good predicament but we never know who is going to come out of nowhere to give us the game we didn't see coming.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Is Alabama schedule really by that easy or are they just so much better and more talented??? The barn plays 7 of the same opponents Bama does yet their schedule is 15th to Alabama's 95th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is from the NCAA Method of determining SOS. Of all the methods, it is by far, the most inferior.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
We don't have to play ourselves. That and UGA vs Tennessee as an opponent is the difference in the schedule.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
"Notre Dame’s Everett Golson was relatively effective running around and making plays in the BCS championship blowout, too." Did they really put that in writing???? I guess 10/20 with 124 yards passing, 2 yards rushing and an interception before BAMA made wholesale changes up 35-0 is "effectively" running around....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.