Opinions on the "New" Finebaum Show

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I listen a lot - turn it off when he lets the lunatic fringers take over, but enjoy the interviews and QUALITY callers and discussions.

But one week into the television walk through for the real thing 8-14, I am not liking it like I used to.

You can already see the "ESPN-ization" happening - more boring interviews and replays of them, a new sidekick who seemingly came outta nowhere, a Philly guy at that.

Paul - "We will have an interview with Coach Meh this first hour", 2 Hours later its "Lets listen again to Coach Meh's thoughts earlier in the show". The next day its "We got a lot of response over our segment with Coach Meh, lets go back and listen again"...

Then, at week's end - lets recap some of the highlights of this week, starting with our talk with Coach Meh"...

Unless this trend is checked, I will listen less and less and less, as Finebaum becomes just another ESPN radio type show.

Your thoughts, those who have listened the last couple of weeks?
This times a thousand.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I listen a lot - turn it off when he lets the lunatic fringers take over, but enjoy the interviews and QUALITY callers and discussions.

But one week into the television walk through for the real thing 8-14, I am not liking it like I used to.

You can already see the "ESPN-ization" happening - more boring interviews and replays of them, a new sidekick who seemingly came outta nowhere, a Philly guy at that.

Paul - "We will have an interview with Coach Meh this first hour", 2 Hours later its "Lets listen again to Coach Meh's thoughts earlier in the show". The next day its "We got a lot of response over our segment with Coach Meh, lets go back and listen again"...

Then, at week's end - lets recap some of the highlights of this week, starting with our talk with Coach Meh"...

Unless this trend is checked, I will listen less and less and less, as Finebaum becomes just another ESPN radio type show.

Your thoughts, those who have listened the last couple of weeks?
Who is Finebaum?

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
I quit listening when he moved over to ESPN. His move to Charlotte changed the feel of the show, particularity with them taking him off before the afternoon rush of his core listening audience. That right there told me all I needed to know in the direction they are looking to go.

Unfortunately, they've realized how stupid this was and are changing him back to his old hours. It's unfortunate because, IMO, Matt & Scott on JOX have dramatically improved and I actually enjoyed listening to them on the drive home.

Last edited:

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
I listened to PF a few years ago but got tired of the wackos and PF's too personal comments about various people. I'll go elsewhere for my college football news and commentary unless I hear that PF has somehow changed his ways....I do not expect that to happen.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Used to tune in on the reg when he had Coach Stallings and Coach Dye on. Not so much anymore. Maybe if I am on a roadtrip and just happen to think about listening.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
I quit listening when he moved over to ESPN. His move to Charlotte changed the feel of the show, particularity with them taking him off before the afternoon rush of his core listening audience. That right there told me all I needed to know in the direction they are looking to go.

Unfortunately, they've realized how stupid this was and are changing him back to his old hours. It's unfortunate because, IMO, Matt & Scott on JOX have dramatically improved and I actually enjoyed listening to them on the drive home.

Totally agree on Matt and Scott and their improvement.

Totally aside - when I first heard there was a new "Matt and Scott" show on, I tuned in expecting to get Coulter and Griffith :eek:

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
Used to tune in on the reg when he had Coach Stallings and Coach Dye on. Not so much anymore. Maybe if I am on a roadtrip and just happen to think about listening.
I may be wrong, but I think the days of Dye-Stallings and such are pretty much over now. Thinking it is going to be all Tessitore, McElroy, Schlabach, Mack Brown, and all the other multitudes of ESPN guys.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I may be wrong, but I think the days of Dye-Stallings and such are pretty much over now. Thinking it is going to be all Tessitore, McElroy, Schlabach, Mack Brown, and all the other multitudes of ESPN guys.
IIRC, Coach Stallings was on one of the shows on Jox last year. But, I can't remember if it was the OD or Dunaway's show. Hopefully, he will be back on this year.

Agree with your comments about Tony B. It has been bad. It's a surprise because he used to co-host his own radio show in Atlanta and I thought it was very good. He also is on a local station here in Nashville every Saturday morning for 1 hour and he's very good. I listen every week.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think he does a good job interviewing people like Michigan State's head coach today and his, MSU's head Coach's, relationship with Coach Saban.

The call in show should be on radio only because you have to see him on TV taking the phone calls. Just seeing him on TV taking calls is enough to turn him off.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I remember all too well PF's radio show. I don't even turn his tv program on. I have too many other things to occupy my mind and time than to waste it watching and listening to college sports' version of Giraldo Rivera.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
When and where does his show air? Us it moving to SEC Network next month?

It is on various local radio stations between 1-5 CDT. He is doing trial TV runs on ESPN between 3-4 and then to ESPN 2 between 4 - 4:30. He will be on the SEC Network and radio between 2-6 CDT when it starts 8.141.14.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.