Opinions on the "New" Finebaum Show

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
I listen a lot - turn it off when he lets the lunatic fringers take over, but enjoy the interviews and QUALITY callers and discussions.

But one week into the television walk through for the real thing 8-14, I am not liking it like I used to.

You can already see the "ESPN-ization" happening - more boring interviews and replays of them, a new sidekick who seemingly came outta nowhere, a Philly guy at that.

Paul - "We will have an interview with Coach Meh this first hour", 2 Hours later its "Lets listen again to Coach Meh's thoughts earlier in the show". The next day its "We got a lot of response over our segment with Coach Meh, lets go back and listen again"...

Then, at week's end - lets recap some of the highlights of this week, starting with our talk with Coach Meh"...

Unless this trend is checked, I will listen less and less and less, as Finebaum becomes just another ESPN radio type show.

Your thoughts, those who have listened the last couple of weeks?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I didn't watch long, but, Thought it was kinda dry, kinda boring . ESPN is 'lovin' it, they have access to all the lunatic fringe sound bites . I think I have heard Phyllis on almost every ESPN show.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He's actually pretty smart occasionally, but he bury's his credibility by allowing complete idiots to give their input.
I can understand a little bit of sensationalism, but the Tammy's and those like her are just too much to handle.
Maybe he should change the name of his show to, "Jerry Springer Talks Football With Jerry Springer Fans".
I like Paul, I just don't like his format.
sip

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I haven't listened to Finescum since the days we hired Coach Saban..After that coaching search..I promised myself to live the rest of my life without Finescum in it & don't miss him one iota..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I haven't listened regularly since the days Neal Vickers was his sidekick. Of course he was going to get more boring and bland with the move to ESPN.

He sold out. I'm not saying that is a good or bad thing, mind you. For him, I'm sure it was very lucrative.

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
Really I try at times to listen to PF but cannot stand to the nut callers so that means the show is on about 5-10 min tops! If I miss the show, it's no loss.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i've always listened to his show for the entertainment factor. the calls from auburn and bama fans. It's actually designed to be like that so i dont have a prob with him. If he wanted to he could get a smarter base of fans to take calls from. But that would take away the entertainment value that made his show a hit.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I just can't stand it....life's too short.
My extrapolation is "deadly."

And the deadliness? A) TV's a visual medium, B) see "A," and C) Whereas visual attractiveness can get you through knowing next to nothing about how the game of college football is played, see "A" and "B" and do your own extrapolating: The show will be lucky to last a year and be taken off the air with the worst ratings of any ESPN college or pro football production.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I listened to him when he first started his own show back in the late 1980s and early 90s. He had a number of regular callers, but none of the lunatics who just go on and ramble. I lived out of the area for a number of years and started listening again some when I moved back. When it began to get taken over by the nut cases, I quit listening. Going on Sirius cut out a lot of the local flavor that is the lifeblood of talk radio.

I agree he has done some good interviews but the negatives of his show far outweigh the positives.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
Todays show was a bust. "Mr College football" hosted, and it was a ton of bland and generic interviews.

The Finebaum show is dead

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.