Oklahoma Running Back Joe Mixon allegedly Knocks out Female Victim

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Respectfully disagree and I'm not just harking on feminism. If anyone hits you, you have a right to protect yourself no matter who it is. I'm not advocating you should just beat up who ever touches you, but common sense says everyone should keep their hands off each other. Should you do everything in your power not to hit a woman? Yes you should, however I'm not going let some woman just punk me either, or a man for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
There's a big difference in physical abuse and just plain hitting someone.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
These are thoughts you cannot defend. There is having an opinion and then there is just plain being wrong.

These are thoughts you cannot defend. There is having an opinion and then there is just plain being wrong.
So you are saying a woman can just have a field day on me and cannot do anything but take it?! Really?! I guess I'll just call 911 then.

Sent from my iPhone

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Doesn't matter if she touched him or not, he's in the wrong either way. You don't punch a woman....

Well, this can't be good. Unless she touched him he's in the wrong. If she did hit him first...

Sent from my iPhone

It's best to not get yourself in that position. Part of being a man is knowing when to walk away.
I've seen a man try walk away with the woman still attacking. Right when we thought he was gone she knocked him out. This is after he pushed her away and after we got her off him one time. He wound up with a concussion and stitches for trying to walk away. That's just one instance.

Sent from my iPhone

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yeah I've been slapped one time in an argument & I earned it by what I said, but, I never thought of hitting her back..It was a slap by a gal, it didn't hurt me physically, hurt my pride more than anything, we both said things we shouldn't have during the fight..It hurt me so much that we ended up getting married not long after that fight..

My PaPa told me a longggg time ago, no matter the situation Boy, even if a gal slaps you, just walk away & come back in a couple hours to sort it out & he threatened to beat my backside, if he ever found out I hit a gal.. Even after he died, I remembered what he told me, the moment I got slapped, I left & went to cool off..And we made up..Boy did we make up that night..I can take a slap everyday of the week for nights of making up like we did..LOL..Guys should just walk away after getting slapped to avoid jailtime should you hit her back..
I'm not sure what feminism or equality have to do with it. I've been slapped by a woman and as I recall she had no reason to do so but I didn't retaliate. Other than the possibility of severe bodily injury or death, there's no way I'd hit a woman. Restrain, yes. Hit, no.

Last edited:
Yeah I've been slapped one time in an argument & I earned it by what I said, but, I never thought of hitting her back..It was a slap by a gal, it didn't hurt me physically, hurt my pride more than anything, we both said things we shouldn't have during the fight..It hurt me so much that we ended up getting married not long after that fight..My PaPa told me a longggg time ago, no matter the situation Boy, even if a gal slaps you, just walk away & come back in a couple hours to sort it out & he threatened to beat my backside, if he ever found out I hit a gal.. Even after he died, I remembered what he told me, the moment I got slapped, I left & went to cool off..And we made up..Boy did we make up that night..I can take a slap everyday of the week for nights of making up like we did..LOL.. Yes, I can understand that. I can take a slap and have taken slaps, hits in the chest, kicks among other things. I've walked away and taken embarrassment. Those things aren't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about pure fisticuffs. We aren't sure what happen with these two. I'm not saying she deserved being knocked out, what I'm trying to say here is that a woman should never, EVER, put herself in a man's place or these things will happen. Whether we agree with it or not he has a right to defend himself, if it was the case of defense. Anything else, he should be arrested and kicked off the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I will go out in a limb and guess that alcohol was a factor in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
This story has so much spin applied to it at this point that I can't figure anything out. OU is spinning it, the victim is spinning it, the media is spinning it, it even seems like the Norman PD is spinning it.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I was always raised to not hit a girl/woman but PCOLA does have a point. It doesn't give women the right to take advantage of that "don't hit a woman". If I have to defend my self than I'm going to do what it takes no matter what. Women are just as bad as men are. We are all human. Just because you are physically weaker doesn't give you the right to hit someone if you feel offended.

Last edited:
I was always raised to not hit a girl/woman but PCOLA does have a point. It doesn't give women the right to take advantage of that "don't hit a woman". If I have to defend my self than I'm going to do what it takes no matter what. Women are just as bad as men are. We are all human. Just because you are physically weaker doesn't give you the right to hit someone if you feel offended.

That's all I'm trying to say.

I still don't believe she should've gotten knocked out.

Sent from my iPhone

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.