Oklahoma Running Back Joe Mixon allegedly Knocks out Female Victim

Cadakeen

Apr 9, 2014
If Roger Goodell was the coach.....Two game suspension ........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma
Maybe Stoops should spend more time worrying about his players being decent citizens than about whether or not his ego is stroked over a football game played seven months ago.

Anyone ever heard of Dusty Dvoracek, defensive player at OU? He put a fellow student in hospital w/ concussion & in coma. Stoops booted him...then the following year, after he had been to "counseling" he got the NCAA to give him an extra year of eligibility. "Anger is a disease and should be treated as such". He got the extra year as a "medical redshirt". Now he has welcomed Dorial Green-Beckham w/ open arms. Any guess how this assault will be handled? Anyone?

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Ya, Mixon and I would be having a pretty good heart to heart with the kalashnikov in attendance. It is NEVER EVER acceptable to lay hands on a woman, I don't care if she gouged your eyes out and broke your nose. If your ever so upset with any woman that you feel like your gonna hit her, you need to get the keys and go.
No. If she is gouging eyes she is gonna get the worst I can offer.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
No. If she is gouging eyes she is gonna get the worst I can offer.
No doubt. I get that we were all raised (or should have been) not to hit a woman. That is a noble gesture, and something that every man should always strive to do. Luckily, in my life, I've never HAD to hit a woman - but believe me buddy - I absolutely would if I felt I HAD to. You can think up 100 scenarios where you or your family's well being may be at jeopardy if you decide to do the "right thing" and not hit (or do worse) to some crazed person trying to hurt or kill you, female or not. In the fantasy land of Virtue, you're always going to be the big, bad man that can withstand anything that a lowly little woman could ever do to you, and simply walk away. Yeahhh, OK. In reality, there are crazy and dangerous people in this world - and newsflash! - some of them are women.

NOW - whether this situation with Mixon has any scenario even close to this is something I couldn't tell you. If he hit a woman because of a simple argument, he's a piece of trash. If he hit her for cussing him, slapping him, or even hitting/punching him, he should have just tried to get away or maybe even neutralize her, but he still should NOT have hit her and knocked her out. IF she was trying to gouge out his eyes or was coming at him with steak knife, fork, razor, bat, gun, etc, etc - he had every right to stop her, even if it meant hitting her, IMO.

From what I've seen of this, I truly doubt he should have done what he did. I'm just making the point that the hard rule of "There should NEVER EVER be any reason to EVER hit a woman whatsoEVER, under any circumstance EVER" is not a realistic thing in every situation.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I see on the sooner board they are impeaching the victims character by posting her arrest record. Arrest record includes drugs, paraphernalia , and alcohol, and has a bench warrant.
hopefully the video of the incident will tell the story. It didn't in the Ray Rice case.
I usually go with 'never hit a woman'. But if I ran into a Drunk, PO'd Ronda Rousey, that rule would not be in play, so there are exceptions.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If we all lived by the rule "Never hit anyone regardless of gender", the world would be a better place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Point taken on the use of never guys. I guess it's easy to sit around and imagine a scenario where you might do something out of character but that still doesn't make it right. Hopefully the truth comes out and it's handled appropriately.

mhiggy45

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2010
daytona bch
Let's see.....she was knocked out with blood all over the floor....her teeth were'nt aligned
correctly and her face was swollen with her nose and jaw possibly broken.....To earn this she needed to have a gun or knife. If not he needs to be kicked off the team, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and just for good measure, put him in the ring with the baddest UFC fighter alive just to see how tough he thinks he really is;)

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Let's see.....she was knocked out with blood all over the floor....her teeth were'nt aligned
correctly and her face was swollen with her nose and jaw possibly broken.....To earn this she needed to have a gun or knife. If not he needs to be kicked off the team, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and just for good measure, put him in the ring with the baddest UFC fighter alive just to see how tough he thinks he really is;)
Agreed!

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I see on the sooner board they are impeaching the victims character by posting her arrest record. Arrest record includes drugs, paraphernalia , and alcohol, and has a bench warrant.
hopefully the video of the incident will tell the story. It didn't in the Ray Rice case.
I usually go with 'never hit a woman'. But if I ran into a Drunk, PO'd Ronda Rousey, that rule would not be in play, so there are exceptions.

You wouldn't win that fight, and fighting ain't what I'd have in mind with her, any how. ;)

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
First of all, go to great lengths not to PO Ronda Rousey. But, if you do, get outta there asap, before she kick your butt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.