Oklahoma Running Back Joe Mixon allegedly Knocks out Female Victim

No doubt. I get that we were all raised (or should have been) not to hit a woman. That is a noble gesture, and something that every man should always strive to do. Luckily, in my life, I've never HAD to hit a woman - but believe me buddy - I absolutely would if I felt I HAD to. You can think up 100 scenarios where you or your family's well being may be at jeopardy if you decide to do the "right thing" and not hit (or do worse) to some crazed person trying to hurt or kill you, female or not. In the fantasy land of Virtue, you're always going to be the big, bad man that can withstand anything that a lowly little woman could ever do to you, and simply walk away. Yeahhh, OK. In reality, there are crazy and dangerous people in this world - and newsflash! - some of them are women.

NOW - whether this situation with Mixon has any scenario even close to this is something I couldn't tell you. If he hit a woman because of a simple argument, he's a piece of trash. If he hit her for cussing him, slapping him, or even hitting/punching him, he should have just tried to get away or maybe even neutralize her, but he still should NOT have hit her and knocked her out. IF she was trying to gouge out his eyes or was coming at him with steak knife, fork, razor, bat, gun, etc, etc - he had every right to stop her, even if it meant hitting her, IMO.

From what I've seen of this, I truly doubt he should have done what he did. I'm just making the point that the hard rule of "There should NEVER EVER be any reason to EVER hit a woman whatsoEVER, under any circumstance EVER" is not a realistic thing in every situation.
That's my point in all this. I guess I should have been more specific. I feel like some think I go around hitting woman, especially the physical abuse thing. That's just not who I am, especially when it comes to my own wife and daughters. I've never had to hit a woman and hope that it doesn't come to that, but if push comes to shove and there is no way to get away don't think I won't lay a woman out.

As for Mixon, he should be kicked out the kicked. I don't like that they're are assassinating her character on whatever board, either.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Not defending this guy's particular actions, however...

In my opinion, if a man or woman decides that he or she is big enough to hit someone else - man or woman - then they've decided that they are big enough to be hit back.

That, of course, does not necessarily excuse escalation.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
He sounds like a real class act.

Bet Bob's proud of him. (Not)
I hate the off-season... How many more times will I see crap like this and say it before the season begins.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
no matter what you think of feminism, there is no excuse to hit a woman.
That's an extreme opinion I believe. If I may pose a scenario: what if a woman had a gun and the jump on you or was about to stab you? I know those things don't happen often but if they did -- and yes ... we'd ALL like to be considered Southern Gentlemen (esp. since we're on a Bama board), I would think it very reasonable that you defend yourself and with "hitting" if necessary. Chivalry is a great thing but it's not a suicide pact.

On the other hand there is something called "threat assessment". It sounds like this young man should have done that before striking the woman. If she's of typical height (5'2"-5'4") for a woman he's 6'2" and well over 200lbs, I agree with a previous poster: gather your witnesses and call the police. There's always a balance.

Last edited:
That's an extreme opinion I believe. If I may pose a scenario: what if a woman had a gun and the jump on you or was about to stab you? I know those things don't happen often but if they did -- and yes ... we'd ALL like to be considered Southern Gentlemen (esp. since we're on a Bama board), I would think it very reasonable that you defend yourself and with "hitting" if necessary. Chivalry is a great thing but it's not a suicide pact.

On the other hand there is something called "threat assessment". It sounds like this young man should have done that before striking the woman. If she's of typical height (5'2"-5'4") for a woman he's 6'2" and well over 200lbs, I agree with a previous poster: gather your witnesses and call the police. There's always a balance.
Um, I didn't say that!

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA
I would bet there will be charges filed as early as tomorrow. There were 10 or 12 witnesses, so they will get an account of what happened. Misdemeanor charges gets him suspended, felony assault, he's gone. Sooner fans don't want the guy if he is this much trouble.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
With or without Mixon OU is a final four team this yr, IMO. They proved that to me when they schooled us and Saban in the sugar bowl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.