Oklahoma Running Back Joe Mixon allegedly Knocks out Female Victim

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Posting this for conversation. With the situation with Ray Rice in Baltimore and with the alarmingly increasing number of athletes running afoul of the law, this is a bit disturbing. I'll go ahead and make the jokes: OU won't allow Texas to outdo them with violation of women. There (here's a link to what I'm referencing)

Rumors started swirling today that Oklahoma freshman running back Joe Mixon punched a female in the face last night. The alleged incident occurred inside Pickleman's Gourmet Cafe at approximately 2:30am.An employee of Picklman's, that spoke under the condition of anonymity, witnessed the attack. The employee stated that Joe Mixon punched the victim in the face.

"She was knocked out and blood was all over the floor."
Due to the severity of the attack the victim, described as a white female with blonde hair, was reportedly taken to the hospital.
"Her face was swollen as well" The Pickleman's employee stated. "Her teeth weren't aligning and it is possible her jaw and nose were broken"
The employee said they were unsure what lead up to the attack, but says she didn't touch Mixon. There are rumors that the attack may have been provoked. The victim may have been intoxicated, and mouthing off to Mixon. The employee stated that Pickleman's was noisy at the time, but they didn't think an argument took place.
"If they did have an argument, I should have overheard it."
Ultimately though, the witness was unsure if anything led up to the attack.
Police arrived about 10 minutes after the incident took place, but the employee stated Mixon had already left.
The employee also confirmed there is security footage of the assault, and they believe it was turned over to the police.
An OU spokesman has said the university is aware of the situation.
Joe Mixon is listed at 6-foot-2 and 216 pounds. He was a highly-touted recruit, and highlighted the 2014 recruiting class.

Link here

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Geez man! This isn't one of those kids will be kids kind of things. What's gotten inti these guys!!!!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Maybe Stoops should spend more time worrying about his players being decent citizens than about whether or not his ego is stroked over a football game played seven months ago.

:)

SWIDT?

Well, this can't be good. Unless she touched him he's in the wrong. If she did hit him first...

Even if she did, come on! Short of her carrying a .45, there is no excuse. Ever
I understand where you are coming from, believe me. Thing is, with feminism running rampant women are thinking they are equal in every way, EVERY way. Woman puts her hands on me, slaps me in the face, punches me, kicks me, I'm not quite I'll be able to hold my reaction in.

Again I understand what you are saying. I'm sure she can't hurt him. He should have walked off. I'm sure she didn't deserve it, but I have been wrong before.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Mixon was the recuit from California who made it known that he was very interested in Alabama if we offer him a scholly which never happened. Suffice to say, we dodged a bullet here. His hometown is 30 minutes away from where I live.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I understand where you are coming from, believe me. Thing is, with feminism running rampant women are thinking they are equal in every way, EVERY way. Woman puts her hands on me, slaps me in the face, punches me, kicks me, I'm not quite I'll be able to hold my reaction in.

Again I understand what you are saying. I'm sure she can't hurt him. He should have walked off. I'm sure she didn't deserve it, but I have been wrong before.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
I'm not sure what feminism or equality have to do with it. I've been slapped by a woman and as I recall she had no reason to do so but I didn't retaliate. Other than the possibility of severe bodily injury or death, there's no way I'd hit a woman. Restrain, yes. Hit, no.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
DGB was suspected of violence against a woman at Mizzou, so I guess Blowhard Bob may give Mixon a second chance.

I'm not sure what feminism or equality have to do with it. I've been slapped by a woman and as I recall she had no reason to do so but I didn't retaliate. Other than the possibility of severe bodily injury or death, there's no way I'd hit a woman. Restrain, yes. Hit, no.
Believe me, I would try to diffuse the situation, but a woman shouldn't hit anyone either. She should not put herself in that position, when it comes to a man. I'm not saying it's right to hit a woman. It is NOT. But it's also not right for a woman to hit a man either.

Sent from my iPhone

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
With her hitting him it's simple battery. With him hitting her like that it's aggravated battery. This is so because when she slapped him it became battery on a person no matter if they were arguing or not. Touching or striking a person unlawfully is battery. When he hit her like he did the law ( depending on what state it is) would probably charge him with aggravated battery because of his size and strength and severity of the injury. Some may argue that he could plead self defense...but come on, really?..The guy is 6'2 216 lbs. against a probably way smaller than him female. What I woulda done if I was him was have my witnesses and called the Police. Then smiled at her while she was being arrested and hauled off in a Patrol car. That to me would have been better than causing this debacle, that's now in the news nationwide, and he'll probably end up going to court on this criminally, if not civally.. If he would've called local Law enforcement and let them handle it, we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion. But, he reacted like a immature teen and struck her back.

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
If he did that to my daughter, it would be the last girl he hit!
Ya, Mixon and I would be having a pretty good heart to heart with the kalashnikov in attendance. It is NEVER EVER acceptable to lay hands on a woman, I don't care if she gouged your eyes out and broke your nose. If your ever so upset with any woman that you feel like your gonna hit her, you need to get the keys and go.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Sent from my iPhone

no matter what you think of feminism, there is no excuse to hit a woman.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Mixon was the recuit from California who made it known that he was very interested in Alabama if we offer him a scholly which never happened. Suffice to say, we dodged a bullet here. His hometown is 30 minutes away from where I live.
I can't help but wonder if Coach saw something in his character and that's why he had no offer.

no matter what you think of feminism, there is no excuse to hit a woman.
Respectfully disagree and I'm not just harking on feminism. If anyone hits you, you have a right to protect yourself no matter who it is. I'm not advocating you should just beat up who ever touches you, but common sense says everyone should keep their hands off each other. Should you do everything in your power not to hit a woman? Yes you should, however I'm not going let some woman just punk me either, or a man for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.