Link: The Ohio St Marching Band Director Fired For Sexual Culture Allegations

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
This has been big news up here the past two days. Apparently, this type of behavior has been going on for years with the band. According to a statement released by the fired directors attorney, he was 'trying' to put a stop to these long held practices. TBDBITL is in turmoil. I realize most people do not go to games to watch the band but this is one band worth staying in your seat for during halftime.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
heard about this early this morning. who knew that American Pie was spot on with band people being freaky?
You might be quite surprised to know what the Million Dollar Band was like in the late 80's. It was certainly not an environment of hazing, but it definitely was fueled by alcohol and there were plenty of opportunities to be offended. When you get 350 young men and women together in a close-knit environment, you're definitely going to have quite a few sexually-charged situations. Heck, it was routine practice to change on the band buses (guys and girls in various states of skin revealed), and this was described as part of the negative environment at OSU (go figure). Personally, I think much of this OSU stuff (not necessarily all of it) is much ado about nothing.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You might be quite surprised to know what the Million Dollar Band was like in the late 80's. It was certainly not an environment of hazing, but it definitely was fueled by alcohol and there were plenty of opportunities to be offended. When you get 350 young men and women together in a close-knit environment, you're definitely going to have quite a few sexually-charged situations. Heck, it was routine practice to change on the band buses (guys and girls in various states of skin revealed), and this was described as part of the negative environment at OSU (go figure). Personally, I think much of this OSU stuff (not necessarily all of it) is much ado about nothing.
dude, they had a sister give her brother a lap dance.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
You might be quite surprised to know what the Million Dollar Band was like in the late 80's. It was certainly not an environment of hazing, but it definitely was fueled by alcohol and there were plenty of opportunities to be offended. When you get 350 young men and women together in a close-knit environment, you're definitely going to have quite a few sexually-charged situations. Heck, it was routine practice to change on the band buses (guys and girls in various states of skin revealed), and this was described as part of the negative environment at OSU (go figure). Personally, I think much of this OSU stuff (not necessarily all of it) is much ado about nothing.[/QUOTE]

dude, they had a sister give her brother a lap dance.
Did I say all of it was much ado about nothing? Nevertheless, I remain generally skeptical about the stories that have been recounted. I have personal experience with band antics, and I bet in today's world most people would be appalled about what occurred in earlier generations.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Did I say all of it was much ado about nothing? Nevertheless, I remain generally skeptical about the stories that have been recounted. I have personal experience with band antics, and I bet in today's world most people would be appalled about what occurred in earlier generations.
you are entitled to your opinion but I would imagine the actual stories are worse than the recounted stories.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
And this is one of the reasons why MDB shrank a bit during the transition from Ms. Scott to Dr. Ozzello was a bit rough. The university mandated that a lot of these types of changes, particularly alcohol related, occur at that time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.