2014 offensive line

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I have not seen much discussion bout the tide off line this season. personally, I am more concerned about the off line than any other major area. I look at the returning group, and I am concerned. probably a good freshman at left tackle, will need a few games to adjust, a left guard that I thought average, a center, I have always thought smart, but, not physical enough. missing a excellent right guard in steen, however, Jackson I think would be a good fit here. and a good right tackle. our offense could be outstanding, with the offensive line up to par with past lines. it just worries me early.

No worries here, I've heard IT is working on it.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I think play calling will help them out a lot. When it it 4th and 1 and 85k knows what play you are going to run, gotta change it up. Play action pass will be great to see.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Oh, Wow... I"m so concerned about the OL this year, I mean we need to call Auburn and ask for their help. ​SEriously, I think it was the lack of leadership that caused us to have lot of issues last year and I think we'll be okay.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I think the loss of a really good blocking TE hurt us last year more than most people think. Michael Williams was a beast, and Vogler nor OJ provided the same help on short yardage situations. Hopefully, Vogler, Flournoy-Smith, OJ, and Brandon Greene can be better in that area. Brandon Greene was the only guy competing with Cam Robinson as LT in the spring, and Saban spoke highly of how he had improved. Fowler playing a true FB role this year figures to help with the running game. Kiffin's offenses have had great success running ball with a true FB over the years.

As far as our returning starters, those guys were all first time starters last year and all played really well at times. Consistency normally comes with experience, so I feel like they will improve. It wasn't like those guys were horrible last year, but we had just witnessed what was maybe the best O-line we ever had the year before, and they probably seemed worse than they were. Our offense put up monster numbers last year - even in our 2 losses - but people only remember the bad plays.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
There was an awful lot of chaos and penetration at the LOS. With the talent and experience coming back, if we are staring at malfunction junction again, it may be time for an all points bulletin for one Jeff Stoutland.
With the talent at hand, this may be CMC`s make or break year, IMHO. I know that there are those who disagree.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.