SEC Pre(dicition) Season: Auburn

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Until evidenced otherwise, the University of Auburn will continue to win all the close games via the rabbit's foot in their pocket, or whatever mojo they use. So, 10-1, losing to us. (Hope to be ridiculously wrong, BTW, and not even close to winning the conference.)

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Im going against the pollsters and predicting they will have a bigger year than we do. I predict they will go 10-2 at worst with a strong possiblilty of winning the West. I hate the barn to the core but they are not intimidated one bit by us or Saban and have proven it by going 3-4 against us in arguably the greatest 7 yr run of Bama football ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
Looking from a matchup standpoint I see them losing 4 times and finishing 4th in the West. MSU is going to be very good on D and I think beat them for a statement win. OM is a good ya do matchup for the barn and that's a W. We win and LsU wins. Better personnel and adjustments. That leaves toss ups between them and UGA and USCe. Best case is a sweep, but I think a split gets them to 8-4. The media is doing what they always do and buys in to hype and not facts. Personnel losses from Cheez nip haven't been overcome to get them quite in par with Bama LSU and defensively MSU.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
My thoughts? You must be old to use a Hearns-Hagler analogy. And Auburn is going to lose two, one of them to Bama. The barners are going to be hard to beat, but I agree schedule is tough.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They ALWAYS do better than I expect them to do, but if they finished 8-4 the Barner nation would be demorolized, especially if those losses were to LSU, USCe, Georgia and Bama. Throw in a loss to one of the Miss schools and they'd be on suicide watch.

I just hope they are out of the SECW contention by the time we play them.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Another few reason why they will be bad is their defense is horrible, they got very lucky, and SEC officials will be on to their holds and illegal linemen down field.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Wow you really believe they will beat LSU? I simply don't see it. LSU's offense will be good enough to score 2-3 TD's against Auburn's "defense". That will likely be more than enough needed. LSU's defense has had no issues with Auburn's offense last season and aTm's offense from the last 2 years. Balanced attack is the only thing that can beat LSU's defense which is why we've managed to beat them the last 2 1/2 seasons.

Auburn's offense is all smoke and mirrors with very little balance. Tre Mason was the perfect running back for that offense last season but there's no one I see taking his place. If they don't switch things up, I see Marshall throwing a lot of interceptions when they begin to run into trouble trying to move the ball on the ground. I see them losing 3-4 games next season and no less than 2 by the 1st week of December 14.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't think the schedule is right... Lousiaiana State is LSU... and so many of you picked Auburn over LSU LOL....
I see them with five losses: LSU, (Good solid defense), Miss State ( always pull upset every year), Texas A and M ( You never know) andGeorgia ( they got that new DC, I'm sure he'll figure them out...) :)

Auburn is very good team, but they are coming into this year " hunted" because Their offense is something trickery to deal with, and I think teams will figure them out easily.
Arkansas - W
San Jose State - W
at Kansas State - W
Louisiana Tech - L
Louisiana State - W
at Mississippi State - L
South Carolina - W
at Ole Miss - W
Texas A&M - L
at Georgia - L
Samford - W
at Alabama - L

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I don't think the schedule is right... Lousiaiana State is LSU... and so many of you picked Auburn over LSU LOL....
I see them with five losses: LSU, (Good solid defense), Miss State ( always pull upset every year), Texas A and M ( You never know) andGeorgia ( they got that new DC, I'm sure he'll figure them out...) :)

Auburn is very good team, but they are coming into this year " hunted" because Their offense is something trickery to deal with, and I think teams will figure them out easily.
Arkansas - W
San Jose State - W
at Kansas State - W
Louisiana Tech - L
Louisiana State - W
at Mississippi State - L
South Carolina - W
at Ole Miss - W
Texas A&M - L
at Georgia - L
Samford - W
at Alabama - L
You realize you picked them to lose to LA TECH and not LSU correct?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think Auburn is due for a season very similar to our 2010 season. They're probably more talented top to bottom than their 2013 team that was only seconds away from a national title. Of course, they were nearly as close to being an 8-4 team too. I suspect that they will have difficulty with enduring everyone's A-game and @Kansas State could be their equivalent to @SCAR in 2010. Still I expect them to be a tough out every week and at times they may even look like one of the most dominant offensive units in football...it just won't all gel right and they'll slip up against UGA and Alabama down the stretch.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Im going against the pollsters and predicting they will have a bigger year than we do. I predict they will go 10-2 at worst with a strong possiblilty of winning the West. I hate the barn to the core but they are not intimidated one bit by us or Saban and have proven it by going 3-4 against us in arguably the greatest 7 yr run of Bama football ever.

I agree.... I think Malzhan and his offense are the real deal. I hate to admit it but, when Gus has a QB that can run the system, he will give Kirby and Saban fits. As long as Gus stays, he will have Auburn in the top 5 consistently. BAMA will be good but, with all we have lost the past couple of years, a questionable secondary, new QB and LT, 9-3 (5-3; 4th in SEC West) and a Gator or Music City Bowl assignment is about what I expect. (Losses to LSU, AU and Ole Miss) I do see us back to challenging for the SEC West and playoff bid in 2015 with an experienced Coker at QB, Cam at LT, Henry at RB and a secondary led by Humphrey and Brown.

Arkansas - W
San Jose State - W
at Kansas State - W
Louisiana Tech - W
Louisiana State - W
at Mississippi State - W
South Carolina - W
at Ole Miss - W
Texas A&M - W
at Georgia - L
Samford - W
at Alabama - W (Saban falls to .500 against the Barn as BAMA HC)

I see them 11-1 SEC W champions. Beat SC in SEC Champ game and take the #3 seed in the playoffs behind FSU, OU, and ahead of Ohio St.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I agree.... I think Malzhan and his offense are the real deal. I hate to admit it but, when Gus has a QB that can run the system, he will give Kirby and Saban fits. As long as Gus stays, he will have Auburn in the top 5 consistently. BAMA will be good but, with all we have lost the past couple of years, a questionable secondary, new QB and LT, 9-3 (5-3; 4th in SEC West) and a Gator or Music City Bowl assignment is about what I expect. (Losses to LSU, AU and Ole Miss) I do see us back to challenging for the SEC West and playoff bid in 2015 with an experienced Coker at QB, Cam at LT, Henry at RB and a secondary led by Humphrey and Brown.

Arkansas - W
San Jose State - W
at Kansas State - W
Louisiana Tech - W
Louisiana State - W
at Mississippi State - W
South Carolina - W
at Ole Miss - W
Texas A&M - W
at Georgia - L
Samford - W

I see them 11-1 SEC W champions. Beat SC in SEC Champ game and take the #3 seed in the playoffs behind FSU, OU, and ahead of Ohio St.
A reasonable prediction based on last years performance, IMO. Many people forget how young their team was last yr. malzahn has a qb and more experienced team going into 2014, and LSU at home. I think they are set up to have a very good season, unless they self-destruct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
It's really a roll of the dice, just when you think they will be good, they lose and when you think they will be bad, they win. I'll say they will lose 3 games.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Arkansas - W
San Jose State - W
at Kansas State - W
Louisiana Tech - W
Louisiana State - W
at Mississippi State - W
South Carolina - W
at Ole Miss - W
Texas A&M - W
at Georgia - L
Samford - W

Yeah but their schedule is going to be equal to what bama had to deal with in 2010. Ole sis, moo, UGA, and bama on the road will probably equal disaster.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Arkansas - W
San Jose State - W
at Kansas State - W
Louisiana Tech - W
Louisiana State - W
at Mississippi State - W
South Carolina - W
at Ole Miss - W
Texas A&M - W
at Georgia - L
Samford - W

Sorry but I'm not buying that. That offense thrives on refs being out position to make the right calls. IE holding and illegal linemen downfield. They got extremely lucky and weren't playing with a target in their back. The barn has consistently proven they are unable to do good in the spotlight and it will show again this year. Also let's remember their defense still sucks which is why they blew a 21-3 against FSU and lost the NC.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.