SEC Pre(dicition) Season: Auburn

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'll pick them to lose to LSU, Georgia, and Bama.
I'm not sold on South Carolina yet, and the Mississippi schools are a mystery.
Ole Miss lost a ton on defense. State might actually be pretty good.
Anyway, I'll say 9-3 or 8-4.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I'll pick them to lose to LSU, Georgia, and Bama.
I'm not sold on South Carolina yet, and the Mississippi schools are a mystery.
Ole Miss lost a ton on defense. State might actually be pretty good.
Anyway, I'll say 9-3 or 8-4.
Subconsciously I want them to win at least 9 games. I'm tired of hearing about how CNS has never beaten them when they've won 9 games or more.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think the law of averages catches up with them this year.

Their luck has been well documented but if they navigate their brutal schedule this year and get to the iron bowl with no losses that means they are a very good team.

I believe they got more out of last season than they deserved and that this year it will catch up to them. they'll get a few bad breaks have a few injuries will end up losing three games at least.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
The Iron Bowl, on paper TODAY, looks like a Hearns-Hagler fight. Come November, it'll be Tyson-Spinks in favor of the good guys.
Mack, that Hearns-Hagler fight was a war for the three or four rounds it lasted. Could be one of the best fights I have ever seen. I hope you are right and the good guys end the fight quick this coming season like Iron Mike.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Im going against the pollsters and predicting they will have a bigger year than we do. I predict they will go 10-2 at worst with a strong possiblilty of winning the West. I hate the barn to the core but they are not intimidated one bit by us or Saban and have proven it by going 3-4 against us in arguably the greatest 7 yr run of Bama football ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another view is that Bama is 4-2 (07 is not part of the run, it was a miracle that Bama was 2 min from winning the West that year) against AU with both losses requiring miracles unlikely to happen again.

As far as last year, AU should have lost to MSU, A&M and Bama, could have lost to UGA. That luck is unlikely to repeat itself.

AU has won 10 or more games in back to back years only once in its history: 88-89.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Another view is that Bama is 4-2 (07 is not part of the run, it was a miracle that Bama was 2 min from winning the West that year) against AU with both losses requiring miracles unlikely to happen again.

As far as last year, AU should have lost to MSU, A&M and Bama, could have lost to UGA. That luck is unlikely to repeat itself.

AU has won 10 or more games in back to back years only once in its history: 88-89.
You make some valid points, but 2010 DID happen again --last year, as improbable as we all thought it was. Based on last years performance and what they have coming back, and thinking objectively, I can see 10 wins on the barn's schedule this season. And remember, Bama has still never beaten a 10 win barn team. That in itself is pretty amazing.

I think we will be very good this year, I just think think with our inexperience in some key areas that the barn will be a little better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
You make some valid points, but 2010 DID happen again --last year, as improbable as we all thought it was. Based on last years performance and what they have coming back, and thinking objectively, I can see 10 wins on the barn's schedule this season. And remember, Bama has still never beaten a 10 win barn team. That in itself is pretty amazing.

I think we will be very good this year, I just think think with our inexperience in some key areas that the barn will be a little better.

2010 happened again because (aside from their absurd luck) like 2010 they snuck up on everybody and didn't have target on their back. They have proved consistently over the years that they're incapable of playing with high expectations. Yes we can say the past has nothing to do with now but trends exist for a reason and until that changes there is no reason to see why they don't fold again like they did in 2003 and 2008. Also Alabama has beaten that barn once when they win 10 games which was in 1974. I say that's more of their fault for not being good year in and year out. They have had 13 10-win seasons compared to Alabama's 33 10-win seasons.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
2010 happened again because (aside from their absurd luck) like 2010 they snuck up on everybody and didn't have target on their back. They have proved consistently over the years that they're incapable of playing with high expectations. Yes we can say the past has nothing to do with now but trends exist for a reason and until that changes there is no reason to see why they don't fold again like they did in 2003 and 2008. Also Alabama has beaten that barn once when they win 10 games which was in 1974. I say that's more of their fault for not being good year in and year out. They have had 13 10-win seasons compared to Alabama's 33 10-win seasons.
In 1974, the barn had only 9 wins on the day that we actually defeated them. Hence, the statement that Bama has never beaten a barn team with 10 wins under their belt unfortunately stands as accurate.

You really think State or Ole Miss are going to beat the barn? I don't.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
In 1974, the barn had only 9 wins on the day that we actually defeated them. Hence, the statement that Bama has never beaten a barn team with 10 wins under their belt unfortunately stands as accurate.

Ahh well that's still their problem for having so few 10-win seasons in their history. Also I never said State or Ole Siss would beat them. USCe, LSU, UGA, and Alabama are their most likely losses.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
A 10 win year in the 60-80's meant a lot more than it does today. With a 12 game schedule and in recent years the possibility to play in 13 or 14 games and now up to 15, winning 10 games isn't as impressive as it used to be.

So beating a team in the 70's that had 9 wins is on par with a team winning 10+ today.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
The barn has the most expectations (for this season) I have ever seen them have. I really do think that they will fold under the pressure. I can not ever recall a time that they ran the table when everybody was expecting them to. The barn thrives on flying in under the radar. 1993, 2004, 2010, 2013 were all years that nobody was expecting them to do a thing. Their sandlot football isn't going to sneak up on anybody this year. I know this is looking like WAY WAY ahead, but I want us to skull drag them all over the field this year. I've already had to hear tons of trash talk from the barners about them beating us again. Funny how they won't mention the other opponents on their schedule. Just us. Typical barner crap. Tough trash talk about the last regular season game before fall practice even starts. At any rate, I just don't see more unicorn magic following them around again this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.