Obama claims tax "inversions" unpatriotic

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Did this supposedly highly intelligent politician ever propose legislation to overturn this during his 143 days of actual attendance in the Senate? (I honestly don't know - I'm asking).

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
This is a real knee-slapper, too: "Obama says Americans don't get to pick which rules they follow and neither should companies."

This from the President who routinely dictates what crimes his justice department prosecutes or doesn't prosecute, and which parts and pieces of laws pass by the congress and signed by him will be enforced.

Regarding taxes, I wonder if he and Michelle evade paying some taxes by taking advantage of any tax breaks/deductions when they file? Shirley not.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
What a perverted concept of patriotism. This guy is so clueless about the private sector. What's "patriotic" about giving more to the government (for it to waste) than you are legally required to? Any company that does that is committing malpractice and will cause investors to flee to companies that are smarter. Has this clown ever given a speech on domestic policy where he doesn't demonize a company, an industry, or the private sector in general?

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
It's sorta amazing. We've got a broken tax code--simultaneously the highest in the world but so riddled with loopholes that some companies don't pay anything in taxes--and his solution is to call for companies to be more "patriotic" instead of proposing some sort of reform. He's such a waste of space.
Google this my friend " has obama proposed coporate tax reform."

You really think anything the President proposes will get through the House?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I would say that the first 43 presidents of the U. S. A. were PATRIOTIC Americans.

I just don't think #44 is a Patriotic American. Is #44 trying to destroy what the first 43 helped to build? I'll bet he does like playing golf, reading the teleprompter with emphasis as a hobby, and traveling the U.S.A. and the WORLD at our expense on Air Force One! It's always, I, I, I, I, or me, me, me, me. I personally killed Osama Bin Laden, now I'm resting while Putin's scent is spreading because of my new FLEXIBILITY. He's not going to have a country to be Emperor of if he lets the USA continue to decline militarily.

I'm not sure the U.S.A. can survive 2.4 more years of this president.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Google this my friend " has obama proposed coporate tax reform."

You really think anything the President proposes will get through the House?
So you mean Obamacare didn't pass?

Did he propose this as a SENATOR when the DEMOCRATS had BOTH HOUSES? It would have had it on the table when he won - if it was REALLY important.

He could have rammed it through around the filibuster JUST LIKE HE DID THAT ONE.

So don't even try to blame this NOW on the GOP. Would it pass the House now? Of course not.

But that's not my point. He didn't give a rip about this until now. This guy - more than other President in my lifetime - comes up with so-called proposed spending cuts and ideas that never even get delivered to Congress. Saying "I'm willing to do X" is nothing in DC. If you don't submit actual stuff (or your party if you want to get techincal) actually CALLING for that then don't tell me you're interested in this.

Hey, it's a good POLITICAL issue for the guy but it's nothing he REALLY cares about. If one views it as that rather than anything going to happen then one will be just as cynical of the Empty Suit as of the empty ones that want his job.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Even though Obama has political allies that do the very thing he condemns, Obama uses this to stir up his anti-capitalist base and stoke the fires of class warfare ignorance.
the level of hypocrisy and lying with zero is amazing. it is almost as if he tries to outdo himself every week.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It is always amusing to me to hear this garbage about how "the Republicans are stifling Obama and progress" when Ronald Reagan had the same problem Obama now confronts and didn't even have the first two years where his party could do anything they wanted.

But he got things done. Now why was that? Simple. Reagan had been governor - I repeat, GOVERNOR - of a large state with many different interests. And despite the collective tongue bathing the right does now about Reagan, waxing eloquent about his "commitment to his convictions" and other such nonsense, the fact is that Reagan was a pragmatic conservative, not a stubborn ideologue. He SPOKE like an ideologue, but he GOVERNED as a pragmatist who did what he could get done.

Reagan never had the advantage Obama had his first two years, but he also didn't make the colossal goof Obama made of thinking polls today reflect reality. Reagan walked in and offered a deal to the Democrats in the House that he would not campaign against them in 1982 at the mid-terms. He was well respected and still remembered by those he kept this promise to (if they would vote for his first tax and budget bill, he would not campaign against them in increasingly conservative districts). Obama walked in and decided to show what a big, tough man he was by saying, "I won," never bothering to consider that the folks he was talking to had obviously (in most cases) gotten more votes in their district than he did.

This is the price of simply not knowing anything about how legislation or governing works. Bill Clinton - whom I've said repeatedly I despise, so this is hardly a puff piece - probably learned better than any guy I've ever seen how to change course with the public. He came to town as an ideologue and made the same mistake Obama did as far as poisoning relationships with the opposition right off. He then tried to his nanny state legislation the first year and got creamed in 1994. What did he do then? He took the GOP's ideas, said he was for some of them in a diluted fashion, and they all got credit for it and they all got re-elected.

George W Bush managed to con the Democratic-controlled Senate into giving him a free hand in Iraq in 2002 (and this guy is supposedly an absolute moron - meaning the smart Democrats got outfoxed by a complete idiot, which hardly fills any smart person with confidence).

What was Bush? A governor. Clinton? A governor. Reagan? A governor. FDR? A governor.

(My failure to mention Carter is not so much out of him being an exception to the rule via incompetence, but the fact is that when he took over in 1977, the Democrats had 62 Senate seats and a 150-seat margin in the House - so it didn't matter. Even after the 1978 midterms, they had 58 seats plus some liberal Republicans*).

* - if you don't know what a liberal Republican is, they are an extinct species formerly found almost exclusively in the New England and Minnesota areas of the USA.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.