Alabama Players throughout the summer

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Appreciate the links. Watching Blake with the golf club (and bad swing) reminded me Coach Bryant once said that Namath could pick up golf clubs and shoot par almost on natural ability. Not demeaning Blake just remembering what a unreal athlete Namath really was.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
just remembering what a unreal athlete Namath really was.
Heh, being a good golf player and a great athlete have very little to do with each other. I guess Namath's great athletic ability would have made him a great sailor to? You can have an affinity for certain tasks, but being able to become a great seamstress with ease for example doesn't exactly make you a great athlete.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Appreciate the links. Watching Blake with the golf club (and bad swing) reminded me Coach Bryant once said that Namath could pick up golf clubs and shoot par almost on natural ability. Not demeaning Blake just remembering what a unreal athlete Namath really was.
I used to play golf with Namath on a weekly basis. (Only place he could get far enough away from Coach to smoke.) I don't remember his ever shooting par. OTOH, maybe that's what he told Coach...;)

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
It was an offhand comment. Someone ask him about Namath and he said he was a great athlete; kind of guy who could just pick up golf clubs and shoot par; . I thought he meant it literally, but it stuck with me because golf is such a hard game to just pick up and play. Made Namath even more of a giant in my eyes. Pretty cool to get to play golf with Namath regularly.
I used to play golf with Namath on a weekly basis. (Only place he could get far enough away from Coach to smoke.) I don't remember his ever shooting par. OTOH, maybe that's what he told Coach...;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.