Dee Milliner thinks he's a pretty good CB...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I suppose my opinion doesn't really count, does it?
It doesn't, but then again neither does his.

I'm all for confidence and self-belief, and Milliner played fairly well down the stretch last season, but he's just way ahead of himself here. Sometimes your mouth can become an enemy, and I'd say this is one of those moments.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Nature of the position. You have to believe that to survive. Deangelo Hall is a prime example. Out of this world talent. Gets toasted routinely, but he makes plays too. And he's the first, second, and third in line telling you how great he is.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Anybody ever met a cornerback worth a durn that wasn't the least bit cocky?
Cocky is one thing, but a guy with only one year in the League under his belt -- during which he was benched three times on an 8-8 team -- declaring himself to be the best cornerback in the NFL? "Cocky" doesn't come close to describing that.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I took it as him saying that even he felt someone was better than him he wasn't going to say it publicly. Not as bad as it sounded when I first heard about it.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Basically the same thing Julio Jones said a few months earlier. He's not going to promote himself as the best but if someone asks him who the best is, he sure ain't gonna say somebody else. Nothing to see here.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Basically the same thing Julio Jones said a few months earlier. He's not going to promote himself as the best but if someone asks him who the best is, he sure ain't gonna say somebody else. Nothing to see here.
I agree. I'll say though, when Julio is healthy he's as good as any receiver in the league in my humble opinion. Keyword being "healthy".

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
He was goaded into answering the question. Who wants to admit they're not the best at what they do? Well, not the kinda man that has to play CB in the NFL.

I have no problem with what he said. He didn't tear anyone down and explained "why" he had to say he was the best.

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
Meh, it's not like he's trash talking. It sounded more like a statement of self-confidence than anything. Trust me, there are MUCH poorer attitudes in the NFL.

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
He was baited into giving an answer that could then be sensationalized into a headline that would draw clicks. Crappy reporting. It's a little like asking "Have you stopped beating your wife?" Either way Dee answered his question would have produced some headlines... either that he says so-and-so is the best CB in the league (would would have been less sensational, but would have still been a story), or the path he chose. I really don't have too much of a problem with it -- except with the reporter.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.