I know nothing about Coker

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Still though they hae top 5 recruting classes every year. They should be fine.
Yeah but they'll probably miss mettenberger more than we will miss aj at seasons end. Mettenberger,like him or hate him, took a tremendous amount of pressure of his lineman by his arm alone. Lsu has had a running game because of mett. Think about the last 4 games against them and see the difference between a talented athlete (jj and lee) and mettenberger against our defense. Bama plain and simple needs a game manager but lsu needs to have someone that can prevent a loaded box.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
To elaborate on my opinion of LSU it's echoing what has just been mentioned above. They have lost a lot of players like we have and they reload with Top 5 classes just like we do. They also are replacing their Elite QB like we are with an unknown.

Both teams are very similar and I think both beat AU so the West will be decided in the head to head like what has been the usual. I'm just more confident in LSU's Defense over ours right now primarily because their Defensive front 4 is always so disruptive. I don't think their O-Line is as questionable either but we have the better proven RB's.

If the game was in T-Town I'd feel better preseason. As of right now I'd say they have less overall question marks and they have homefield. It might well be both teams finish 10-2 with them getting the tie-break and AU being 9-3.

I of course hope I'm terribly wrong and we go 12-0. It's going to be interesting this year for sure.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Coker is a complete unknown in real game situations, but there is a lot to be excited about.

Can't wait to see the LSU game this year. I expect both sides to feature an effective running game. Just the way I like it.

Our team could go a lot of different ways this year, but I like what I am hearing.

hokiefan10

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 17, 2013
Numerous threads about these topics already.
Consensus seems to be:
1. Coker could be very good. The jury's till out, but initial reports seem positive. Consensus is that Coach Saban will start the guy he thinks give Bama the best chance to win.
2. The team, it seems, realizes it lost focus last year and ended the year poorly. They have a chip on their shoulder and will be hungry at fall camp.
3. The official Tidefans predictor has Alabama running the table, and that is not just homerism. Toughest games will probably be LSU and Allbarn, but Ole Miss or Florida might be tough.
4. At the Kickoff Classic, I expect WVU to take advantage of young corners early to keep it close for a while, but the Tide to pull away late.

How's life without Logan Thomas? I honestly expect the Hokies ot be better within LT, and with the Texas Tech transfer playing QB.
Well life without Logan Thomas will surely be a better one. We have the TT Transfer, Michael Brewer, seems to have good reports outta summer camp (I think he wins the job), he is an actual QB not a TE like Thomas was. We have play makers at WR and we have a fella named Marshawn Williams who is a reminder of Ryan Williams if you guys remember from back in 09.. OL is always a problem.

We know Bud Foster and his defense will come to play against Ohio State. Got some good experience on the DL. I don't think we pull the upset especially since new QB, 8pm kickoff @ the horseshoe, Braxton Miller veteran QB.

I expect after 2016 or 2017 Beamer steps down. We just hired UGA's top recruiter from last year. We can win the Coastal division but we are far far away from beating FSU, and we are very far away from being a playoff caliber team.

It would take a good 5 solid years of recruiting to get back to where we would like to be. With a new AD (came from Cincy) he is very focused on providing top notch coaches and if he has to stretch the athletic budget then he is willing to. Football is biggest thing around here and when we go 7-6, 8-5, people start getting real ....y and demanding something change.

I wish we would've joined the SEC instead of Mizzou.

hokiefan10

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 17, 2013
Nah he really is a Va tech fan and they have their own hated rivalry with WVU.

This^

It runs back into the late 1990s and early 2000s when the Vick brothers were around. WVU fans are dirty. They will throw batteries at you... No lie.

yall watch out!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well life without Logan Thomas will surely be a better one. We have the TT Transfer, Michael Brewer, seems to have good reports outta summer camp (I think he wins the job), he is an actual QB not a TE like Thomas was. We have play makers at WR and we have a fella named Marshawn Williams who is a reminder of Ryan Williams if you guys remember from back in 09.. OL is always a problem.

We know Bud Foster and his defense will come to play against Ohio State. Got some good experience on the DL. I don't think we pull the upset especially since new QB, 8pm kickoff @ the horseshoe, Braxton Miller veteran QB.

I expect after 2016 or 2017 Beamer steps down. We just hired UGA's top recruiter from last year. We can win the Coastal division but we are far far away from beating FSU, and we are very far away from being a playoff caliber team.

It would take a good 5 solid years of recruiting to get back to where we would like to be. With a new AD (came from Cincy) he is very focused on providing top notch coaches and if he has to stretch the athletic budget then he is willing to. Football is biggest thing around here and when we go 7-6, 8-5, people start getting real ....y and demanding something change.

I wish we would've joined the SEC instead of Mizzou.

In 2012, I heard Hokie fans talk about Logan Thomas and the Heisman. Glad he has graduated. Nice kid (met him at Walmart one day), but not consistent enough to be really successful at QB.
I hope Brewer does well and think he will.
Listening to the old AD during the Tech Talk Live radio show I guess he had had a stroke, because he did not really sound up to the job. Wish him a happy retirement. I am glad VT got a new AD.
With Bud's defenses, the Hokies will always be in the game. That bowl game against Rutgers was painful to watch, though.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
No, he's legit and they absolutely hate WVA and UVA. As Tidewater... L)
I remember WVU-VT games and seeing the Hokies get off the plane on crutches, etc. Heated rivalry.
I don't hate WVU so much. I am just offended that there is a state of West Virginia. Then again, if there was no WV, those counties would still be in Virginia and that would not be good.
As for UVa, most VT fans just hold them in contempt, at least during football season. The Wahoos have lost something like 12 of the last 13 to the Hokies.

hokiefan10

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 17, 2013
I remember WVU-VT games and seeing the Hokies get off the plane on crutches, etc. Heated rivalry.
I don't hate WVU so much. I am just offended that there is a state of West Virginia. Then again, if there was no WV, those counties would still be in Virginia and that would not be good.
As for UVa, most VT fans just hold them in contempt, at least during football season. The Wahoos have lost something like 12 of the last 13 to the Hokies.
Yep 10 in a row!!! They stink and some how have been getting 5 star defensive ends and tackles away from us.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Yep 10 in a row!!! They stink and some how have been getting 5 star defensive ends and tackles away from us.
Instant playing time.

If you go to a barbecue in the Commonwealth, the UVa guy will opine that his school is so much better than VT and the VT guy will point out that VT's football team regularly crushes UVa's (and sometimes squeaks it out by a field goal).
Always fun to watch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.