I know nothing about Coker

hokiefan10

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 17, 2013
Someone fill me in, realistically on Coker and the team. This is my favorite board to come to, I think there is good talk here and fair opinions. I don't post much, but I read all the time.

What are the chances Bama wins the SEC West? Toughest games? Who can you guys see a loss to, @LSU? Im guessing it'll be a night game.

I hope you guys beat West Virginia!! 70-0:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Someone fill me in, realistically on Coker and the team. This is my favorite board to come to, I think there is good talk here and fair opinions. I don't post much, but I read all the time.

What are the chances Bama wins the SEC West? Toughest games? Who can you guys see a loss to, @LSU? Im guessing it'll be a night game.

but I read all the time.
^ Something doesn't add up here. The questions you asked and the statement underlined can't exist in commonly known earth time and space relationships. :wink: How could you have read Tidefans without having seen tons of speculation on Coker and season predictions?

We DO agree on West Virginia, though.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
IS this LSU fan acting as a Hokie fan?

hokiefan10

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 17, 2013
but I read all the time.
^ Something doesn't add up here. The questions you asked and the statement underlined can't exist in commonly known earth time and space relationships. :wink: How could you have read Tidefans without having seen tons of speculation on Coker and season predictions?

We DO agree on West Virginia, though.

I only read certain threads because some of them have 18 pages and some are very very long. Have you ever tried searching through them?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Numerous threads about these topics already.
Consensus seems to be:
1. Coker could be very good. The jury's till out, but initial reports seem positive. Consensus is that Coach Saban will start the guy he thinks give Bama the best chance to win.
2. The team, it seems, realizes it lost focus last year and ended the year poorly. They have a chip on their shoulder and will be hungry at fall camp.
3. The official Tidefans predictor has Alabama running the table, and that is not just homerism. Toughest games will probably be LSU and Allbarn, but Ole Miss or Florida might be tough.
4. At the Kickoff Classic, I expect WVU to take advantage of young corners early to keep it close for a while, but the Tide to pull away late.

How's life without Logan Thomas? I honestly expect the Hokies ot be better within LT, and with the Texas Tech transfer playing QB.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
None of us know much about Coker other than he has the talent to be a Good 1st year starter and we NEED him to be just that.

I'd say we have a 33% chance to win the West because preseason AL, LSU, and AU are pretty equal in terms of who could win it. It will be a very competitive tight race where scheduling may make the difference.

The toughest games we COULD lose are FLA, Ole Miss, LSU, and AU. We have issues to fix on the O-line, D-Line, Secondary, Special Teams as well as correcting Turnover problems from fumbles at the RB position and finding the best guy to QB the team.

I think realistically we will be 10-2. I think we absolutely lose to LSU unless we correct all of our problems. FLA or Ole Miss could knock us off early if we are struggling to gel on both sides of the ball and I'm not EVER counting AU out EVER again in Iron Bowl matchups.

So we could be anywhere from 8-4 to 12-0 but I'm splitting the difference at 10-2. I'll say either FLA or Ole Miss upsets us early, then LSU wins but we get revenge on AU. With as much rebuilding we are having to do at key positional groups I will gladly take a 10-2 season with wins over Tenn and AU.

I actually think LSU wins the West if pressed to make a prediction. I think they were the best team last year that had bad breaks/luck. They lost a gut wrenching shootout to UGA to open the season, then threw up all over themselves against Ole Miss, and were tied at halftime with us before we inexplicably played our best football of the entire season for 1 half to pull away.

I think a healthy LSU team w/ Mettenberger would have CRUSHED FSU worse than they CRUSHED AU. The season just did not pan out for them.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

Moooooooo

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
What we know is he is a physical specimen with measurables around 6'5" and 230 lbs and a pretty decent scrambler.

He backed up and reportedly tested the Heisman winner in last year's preseason camp at FSU.

Rumors of 7 on 7 drills suggests he started out a little slow but has come on stronger and stronger this summer.

Most importantly, we don't have much other alternatives and the alternatives raise many questions too.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
None of us know much about Coker other than he has the talent to be a Good 1st year starter and we NEED him to be just that.

I'd say we have a 33% chance to win the West because preseason AL, LSU, and AU are pretty equal in terms of who could win it. It will be a very competitive tight race where scheduling may make the difference.

The toughest games we COULD lose are FLA, Ole Miss, LSU, and AU. We have issues to fix on the O-line, D-Line, Secondary, Special Teams as well as correcting Turnover problems from fumbles at the RB position and finding the best guy to QB the team.

I think realistically we will be 10-2. I think we absolutely lose to LSU unless we correct all of our problems. FLA or Ole Miss could knock us off early if we are struggling to gel on both sides of the ball and I'm not EVER counting AU out EVER again in Iron Bowl matchups.

So we could be anywhere from 8-4 to 12-0 but I'm splitting the difference at 10-2. I'll say either FLA or Ole Miss upsets us early, then LSU wins but we get revenge on AU. With as much rebuilding we are having to do at key positional groups I will gladly take a 10-2 season with wins over Tenn and AU.

I actually think LSU wins the West if pressed to make a prediction. I think they were the best team last year that had bad breaks/luck. They lost a gut wrenching shootout to UGA to open the season, then threw up all over themselves against Ole Miss, and were tied at halftime with us before we inexplicably played our best football of the entire season for 1 half to pull away.

I think a healthy LSU team w/ Mettenberger would have CRUSHED FSU worse than they CRUSHED AU. The season just did not pan out for them.
Ole miss and bama beat a healthy mettenberger last year and the last 3 match ups bama has scored over 21 and lsu hasn't scored more than 17 and last year was a spanking. I tend to think they will be like 08 with the amount of talent they lost. Make no doubt under the light at tiger stadium we are going to get their, but while they have talent we have more talent and experience .

As far as coker... The hype is sometimes a bit excessive, but it seems like most are projecting him as the starter based on his size, arm strength, and the perceived knowledge of Blake sims full potential. But the truth is we don't know about either. Thus it's basically the loyalty to sims and the hidden gun of tallahasse arguements till the season kicks off

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Well, I just don't know. Will we go 10-2? In 2008, we went 12-0 in the regular season with about 0ne-half the talent we presently have. Was the competition that bad in 2008 that we were able to go 12-0? I don't think so.

Anyway, I have a very strong hope we will go 15-0.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.