The viles have reached a new low...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
And this was at a youth camp. If this was a normal interview and they said this, that might not be so bad, but trashing the former coach in front of kids isn't setting a good example.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So some guys who didn't play for Dooley or Kiffin have comments about their coaching? Here's mine: Kiffin's only year there was better than Fulmer's last. The losing STARTED with their own coach, Fulmer, so just what are they talking about?

In fact, the Vols had the same record Dooley's last year as they did Fulmer's.....

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Dooley will certainly not go down in Vile history as a shining star, but anyone that knows anything about Vile Football knows Phat Phil recruited poorly his last couple of years at UcheaT. Dooley had to clean up the mess that Phat Phil and Kiffin left. Dooley will never be confused as great or even a good head football coach, but there was no way he was going to clean that mess up in three years.

I'm looking forward to Alabama stomping a mud-hole in the Viles for the eighth straight year.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't think Dooley was ready to be a head coach; I don't know that he ever would have been ready. But taking that job was probably the stupidest career move he could have made.

Tennessee's program had been rotting for a very long time..

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
So some guys who didn't play for Dooley or Kiffin have comments about their coaching?
Exactly, it's a joke of an article. Guys who didn't play for either Dooley or Kiffin, and who have no coaching experience or background, and people who are in all reality nothing more than casual fans at this point, didn't care for a couple of former coaches. Who cares? It's not newsworthy and it's certainly not insightful.

Then again, if you're SI, and you're a dying print publication that peaked decades ago and you need the grabbing headline to get the all-important mouse clicks, well I guess that's somehow good enough.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.