Hedge fund Manager issues unusual warning on....EMPs

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Yeah, I saw this story earlier today and thought it was strange. Not so much that somebody's talking about the dangers of an EMP, but rather, who was talking about it. Stephen Hawking? Sure. But some hedge fund manager?

As for the risks, many (most?) critical communications, defense, and emergency management infrastructure are housed in buildings or rooms which are EMP-shielded. But that doesn't mean the rest of us will still have electricity or connectivity. Refrigerated foods would become scarce in a hurry.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Yeah, I saw this story earlier today and thought it was strange. Not so much that somebody's talking about the dangers of an EMP, but rather, who was talking about it. Stephen Hawking? Sure. But some hedge fund manager?

As for the risks, many (most?) critical communications, defense, and emergency management infrastructure are housed in buildings or rooms which are EMP-shielded. But that doesn't mean the rest of us will still have electricity or connectivity. Refrigerated foods would become scarce in a hurry.
In totally unrelated news Paul Singer would like to announce his new tin-foil hat and faraday cage company.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
In totally unrelated news Paul Singer would like to announce his new tin-foil hat and faraday cage company.
Hey, if EMP shielding is deemed by the federal government to be essential protection for their critical infrastructure and it's been part of structural designs for critical buildings for decades, I think that pretty well removes it from the realm of tinfoil hattery.

If I were one to be disposed toward "prepping" enough to build a shelter, and if money weren't an option, a faraday cage wouldn't at all be a horrible idea. Of course, I'm not sure how you could successfully get power from the unshielded exterior of the cage to the shielded interior, other than putting a generator within the cage as well. But then you'd have to figure out how to avoid CO poisoning.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.