Make $7K a month sheltering illegals

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
thanks for the link, was actually about to search out how to do exactly this (though looking to foster a younger kid 3-7 year old or so) as my wife has been really interested in fostering and these border kids could use a nice safe place.

I know it's not what you intended but it is a good start for me :)

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Why not look at one of the many American kids looking for a foster home? This makes me sick, government paying people to care more for these illegal scums then our own citizens. From what I've read, foster parents of American kids only get about $12-15 per day so, you can make more then double the money if you foster people that shouldn't even be here. That's just sad, our own citizens in need of help have to take a back seat to these people.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Why not look at one of the many American kids looking for a foster home? This makes me sick, government paying people to care more for these illegal scums then our own citizens. From what I've read, foster parents of American kids only get about $12-15 per day so, you can make more then double the money if you foster people that shouldn't even be here. That's just sad, our own citizens in need of help have to take a back seat to these people.
It's not as socially "cool" to do so.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It's not as socially "cool" to do so.
don't know if that's directed at me, maybe it is

I'd foster any kid that needs it. It has nothing to do with the money or the status. My wife and I were talking about these kids in particular because it is all over the news and thinking of how we can help.

Personally I am happy with an America that opens its doors to the poor children of the world and would like to be able to help. Really just that simple.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
thanks for the link, was actually about to search out how to do exactly this (though looking to foster a younger kid 3-7 year old or so) as my wife has been really interested in fostering and these border kids could use a nice safe place.

I know it's not what you intended but it is a good start for me :)
Seebell thanks you. ;)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

I'd foster any kid that needs it. It has nothing to do with the money or the status. My wife and I were talking about these kids in particular because it is all over the news and thinking of how we can help.

Personally I am happy with an America that opens its doors to the poor children of the world and would like to be able to help. Really just that simple.
It's wasn't directed at you but since you chimed in why not foster an American kid who's already here that's been in need? Most foster homes are overflowing with kids who need help. Why not take one or two of them?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I'm not defending Jon, but our legal system is such that fostering American kids or even trying to adopt American kids is an absolute nightmare. Why do you think so many families adopt Russian or Chinese children? It's easier.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It's wasn't directed at you but since you chimed in why not foster an American kid who's already here that's been in need? Most foster homes are overflowing with kids who need help. Why not take one or two of them?
as I said, I would and have actually sponsored many. All of my charitable donations go to kids

but as a very outspoken proponent of open boarders and as one who thinks we should take the kids of the world and offer them a better life (as this country did for my Irish ancestors not that long ago) I thought it's high time to back my talk with actions and see if we can take in a kid or two

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
as I said, I would and have actually sponsored many. All of my charitable donations go to kids

but as a very outspoken proponent of open boarders and as one who thinks we should take the kids of the world and offer them a better life (as this country did for my Irish ancestors not that long ago) I thought it's high time to back my talk with actions and see if we can take in a kid or two
Offering them a better life and paying for it with taxpayer dollars are two different things. If you want to go down to Honduras and adopt 15 kids and bring them back here and pay for them. More power to you. Taxpayers should not bear this burden though.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I'm not defending Jon, but our legal system is such that fostering American kids or even trying to adopt American kids is an absolute nightmare. Why do you think so many families adopt Russian or Chinese children? It's easier.
And it shows us even more how screwed up our government is that we'll allow someone from outside the country to bypass the system that we have set in place for our system and get "tended to" faster. I'm going to get out of this thread before my blood gets boiling.

I wonder how an American foster kid would feel if he/she was told that your own fellow citizens are choosing to bypass helping you and getting you out of this home to take someone who's not even from this country. Anyways, I'm done with this thread. My blood pressure can't take it.

FINDING MY HAPPY PLACE! HAPPY PLACE! HAPPY PLACE!

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
And it shows us even more how screwed up our government is that we'll allow someone from outside the country to bypass the system that we have set in place for our system and get "tended to" faster. I'm going to get out of this thread before my blood gets boiling.

I wonder how an American foster kid would feel if he/she was told that your own fellow citizens are choosing to bypass helping you and getting you out of this home to take someone who's not even from this country. Anyways, I'm done with this thread. My blood pressure can't take it.

FINDING MY HAPPY PLACE! HAPPY PLACE! HAPPY PLACE!
I absolutely agree. The problem is many of the agencies get funding based on the number of kids they have. So there's no true incentive to adopt the kids out. Like most bureaucracies, they want more money next year. It's a power thing. How do they get more money? We saw this in Pennsylvania where a judge was convicted as well as private company owners who was intentionally taking kids away from parents and sending them to these foster centers and was getting kick backs. It's a sick, twisted world.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

but did you realize how disease ridden and scary they are

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
That is 100% incorrect! The reason people adopt Russian or Chinese children is because its easier and quicker to get an infant.

My wife and I adopted two children from Foster Care in 2009, it was a simple process, we attended two weekends worth of classes on how to deal with certain things ( emotional, discipline, etc ) and we had a social worker come check out our house. The state paid the legal fees, we were reimbursed for travel and expenses. We don't have to pay for their insurance, and since they were over the age of 2 they were considered special needs so we get adoption assistance every month for them until they are 18 (nice college fund there) When they moved in they were 9 and 7, today they are 14 and 12 and have fit in perfect with our family.

Its trendy to adopt a foreign kid, and honestly people just don't realize how easy it is to adopt domestically. I'm not sure the exact process in the state of Alabama, but I'd be willing to bet its similar.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA

I can give you the info of the agency we used, they are in Athens and wonderful to work with. just let me know ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.