QB battle dividing the team?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
When I saw AJC, I laughed, that told me all I needed to hear. Who would want there to be a division among Bama players?
they also, for the 33'rd consecutive year, have pronounced the second coming of herschel and the obvious conclusion that the puppies will win it all this year for sure.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
The team was "divided" 2 years ago -- and we won the NC -- so, not sure I agree with your prediction ...
I was in a hurry and didn't expand, but it wasn't a prediction. I was making the point that a "divided" Alabama team is still one of the best teams in the conference and maybe the country. As opposed to a "divided" Georgia team = 6-6.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Not just earning his dues, but a lot of the players are very close to Blake having been here for four years. But when it comes down to it, I think all the players realize it comes down to who is better - I mean they go through this every year at almost every position. I really doubt there is any kind of division. But, yeah, I can see some players pulling for their friend to win the job.

Well said. Everybody wants their buddy to win the position, but they know the score. They're fighting for their position also. This is a non issue invented by Carvel at the AJC who dreams at night something like this would happen at Alabama. His hatred for the University of Alabama is unmatched by very few others in that profession.

Roll Tide.

:BigA:

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Great teams are built on such controversy and healthy competition. There will be divided loyalties until a starter is named. Then those who want to wear Crimson will support whoever CNS hands the ball to. That is my thought anyway.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
There was never a Zow/Watts conflict on the team. It was all a false rumor. It was laughable. Don't believe the ignorance of most sports "writers" who write to agitate fan bases and get attention. Sports radio is worse, although I admit I never listen to it.

You are right about Zow/Watts. I had a second hand connection to Andrew, and it was never as portrayed by the media or the fans .

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I think CNS is handling the situation well by basically having open competition instead of just naming Coker or Sims the starter. This way the team knows that whoever wins the job has won it fair and square in front of the team. I also think ( I have no inside information ) that there will be some packages installed for Sims ( I hope there will be ) simply because he has been such a great team player.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Every player on our team knows that with the talent we have recruited, all positions are competitive. You earn your position as a starter.
This AJC guy Carvell is that paper's recruiting reporter. All of us have been looking forward to actual practice reports even though camp hasn't started. Now I'm supposed to believe this guy has inside info on a divided team? I don't think so.
Maybe he should write a story about UGA recruiting thugs. That I would believe.

narddogg81

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 18, 2012
Saw this on Twitter this morning. This doesn't sound good:

Follow

Michael Carvell
‏@Carvell_AJC

Heard #Bama QB battle is dividing team. Many players support Blake Sims, while Jacob Coker is superior talent

Anybody heard something like this?
carvell is the journalism equivalent of a forum troll

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I don't believe that there's any division... I just don't buy it. However I do think both quarterbacks will play in the sense that Sims will have some significant packages on offense. That's probably why we didn't show anything during the a day game because CNS mentioned that Sims does a lot of things well that we didn't display. Leads me to believe that Sims will have a serious role... I mean can you imagine him doing the zone read with Henry? I get amped up just thinking about it

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Maybe we should be concerned, cause you know the AJC has the pulse of the team.

In all honesty, I would be surprised and a little disappointed if the team didn't support their long time teammate. As someone already said though, this will take care of itself in fall camp. Bottom line is everyone wants to win and will back the guy that gives them the best chance.
Exactly! No matter who the signal caller is this team just wants to win.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Furman Bisher, the late writer for the AJC once wrote an article for the Saturday Evening Post accusing Coach Bryant and Georgia coach Wally Butts of fixing the outcome of the Georgia-Alabama game.
Coach Bryant sued big time and won a huge award. The Saturday Evening Post eventually declared bankruptcy, and Butts was forced out as Georgia Athletic Director.
The AJC, seemingly, has been after us ever since for some dumb reason.
sip

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I didn't realize we had a QB controversy.
We do now!!! Let the hand wringing begin!! ;)

The AJC is and always has been, all about Georgia and Georgia Tech and Carvell is all about pumping sunshine for those fans and bashing the King of football, Alabama!! The reason is obvious. He needs a paycheck. He needs Bama fans clicking his articles, which attracts advertisers and that is how he gets a paycheck, advertisers bring money to the table! Hell ya'll already know this though or should!!! ;)

If Carvell is not already a member of this site you can bet he is a frequent visitor!!! He is loving this thread!!! ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.