****2014 Crown Jewel Countdown: #23 - DT, Johnny Dwight****

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Scouting Report
He is by far the smallest defensive lineman we took in this class, but he DOES have the frame to add bulk (as he displayed by gaining 28 lbs during his senior season).But the defensive line is stacked in front of him, so right this way Mr. Dwight

BigEasyTider's Take
Intriguing, versatile kid here. He's listed as 6'2, but certainly looks a lot longer on his tape, and plays across the defensive line. He will play all over the DL board in Tuscaloosa, and has the size to play end as well as the combo end-tackle position. Almost certainly in for a redshirt season in 2014, but getting him qualified academically was a big development.

runtheoption22's Take
Dwight has a chance to be a special DL. Good motor and speed and will probably play all over the line. LSU and some others tried to sway him late in the game.

WMack4Bama's Take
Dwight is very, very good against the run and has shown the ability to consistently shed blocks and penetration the backfired vs.the run. His pass rushing skills, however, could use a little work. He's physical enough to play inside (although he definitely needs to add some bulk) and he's athletic enough to play the end and set the edge.
In terms of size,he reminds me a lot of Wallace Gilberry when he first got to campus. In terms of his ability, based on what I've seen, I'd say a notch or two below Lorenzo Washington. My guess is that Dwight is able to contribute in rotation duty and add some tenacity to the defensive line after he is redshirted this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.