Link: More Digging by USAToday Reporter Leads to Uncovering Another Jameis Winston Incident

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Story here

About five hours before Jameis Winston was involved in a BB gun "battle" that damaged the apartment complex where he lived in 2012, the Florida State quarterback was stopped by campus police at gunpoint and handcuffed for carrying a pellet gun on campus that he said he was using to shot at squirrels.

Winston and teammate Chris Casher were briefly detained by FSU police on Nov. 25, 2012, after an unidentified person reported two men carrying a "long barreled handgun" on campus, according to a police report obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Not surprising at all, and I'm sure there are more incidents like this floating around out there that we don't know about. At this point, does it even matter? He is who he is, it's pretty obvious either way, and both his critics and supporters are firmly entrenched.

Personally, I'll just be glad when he's the NFL's problem...

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I think you may be about to see a repeat of what happened down on the farm with chizik's last 2 teams. Jimbo does not have very much control of that crew.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It doesn't much matter cause Winston could pretty much rob a bank at gun point, smile at the cameras as the bank tellers are handing him bundles of money at gun point, and Jimbo & the FSU Fans would come to his rescue saying it was only a water gun & he was only playing around, and the Tallahassee Police would agree it was a kid being a kid..And Winston would never see the jail cell or miss a practice..

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
It doesn't much matter cause Winston could pretty much rob a bank at gun point, smile at the cameras as the bank tellers are handing him bundles of money at gun point, and Jimbo & the FSU Fans would come to his rescue saying it was only a water gun & he was only playing around, and the Tallahassee Police would agree it was a kid being a kid..And Winston would never see the jail cell or miss a practice..
Off topic - Any news on your transplant?

Pretty much!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
My doctor has giving me a defibrillator implant a few months back & that has increased my heart output, a bit higher than it was before I had the implant, and that knocked me way down the list..I've bout giving up on a heart transplant, it literally takes an act of congress to get one, or if you become the Vice President Of The US..It's damn if you do o damn if you don't..Cause my heart has been just stopping & I had to have the defib implant to zap it back & keep me from dying, but, with the increased heart putput from the implant..It has all but knocked me off the list now is what the hear Doc at the Kirklain Clinic told me last month at my last visit..
Off topic - Any news on your transplant?

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
My doctor has giving me a defibrillator implant a few months back & that has increased my heart output, a bit higher than it was before I had the implant, and that knocked me way down the list..I've bout giving up on a heart transplant, it literally takes an act of congress to get one, or if you become the Vice President Of The US..It's damn if you do o damn if you don't..Cause my heart has been just stopping & I had to have the defib implant to zap it back & keep me from dying, but, with the increased heart putput from the implant..It has all but knocked me off the list now is what the hear Doc at the Kirklain Clinic told me last month at my last visit..
Hang in there, hoping for the best for you

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I would say that behavior like this is going to lead his raping someone, but that already happened. He has been enabled by Tallahassee/FSU and it's only going to get worse.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I'm hoping you can live without one. All the people whom I have known who have had transplants have much more difficulty than most of us would dream. Having no immune system is not easy...and having a heart that is weak is not either. Praying for you...you add a lot to our discussions.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I think you may be about to see a repeat of what happened down on the farm with chizik's last 2 teams. Jimbo does not have very much control of that crew.
But he does seem to have a great deal of control of the Tallahassee PD.
(Or, someone at the University has that control).

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
I am by no means a fan of his. He should have gone to jail for stealing and the sexual assault "investigation" stinks to high heaven. But this is a pellet gun. I'm not sure it rises to the level of national news.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I'm hoping you can live without one. All the people whom I have known who have had transplants have much more difficulty than most of us would dream. Having no immune system is not easy...and having a heart that is weak is not either. Praying for you...you add a lot to our discussions.
I'll second this. Folks with transplants have lots of immune system problems, including cancer.

This comes from a guy who already has a weak immune system, and a heart that could stand a transplant.

Ironic part is thanks to already having cancer, the transplant is physically impossible. Double irony is the cancer caused the heart problems.

Translation: stick with the defib!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Did he exhibit any of these behaviors at Hueytown High? It's hard to believe it all started at FSU. Seems like we have a poster who was very aware of his high integrity as well as his excellent athletic ability in high school.

In listening to Coach Fisher this week on ESPN he said that his QB is very intelligent and makes very good decisions. Apparently, he does not make the same mistake twice based on Coach Fisher's interview.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I am by no means a fan of his. He should have gone to jail for stealing and the sexual assault "investigation" stinks to high heaven. But this is a pellet gun. I'm not sure it rises to the level of national news.
Does that $4,200 in damage at the apartment complex using a BB gun rise to a level of national news?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.