Eddie Lacy On SI Cover

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Lacy's family was uprooted by Hurricane Katrina, and they even spent this offseason living in a rented $800-a-month trailer. His family will soon move into a $200,000 house in Louisiana. But the 24-year-old isn't flashy ... he still drives a 1995 Chevy Caprice.
Really? I find that hard to believe

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I am glad Eddie is living a modest lifestyle. So many just don't get it and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and end up broke 2 years after their career is over .

I am glad Eddie is getting the recognition he deserves.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
gotta remember...he was the 64th pick. There's a huge difference money wise...then taxes...and taxes...and taxes...
If he stays healthy he'll more than make up for it, but it's a total shame that he dropped that far.
He was so much better than that.
Yeah, but I would guess that as an NFL Running Back - you could get a bank to cover you while you got your family in a decent place to live....but, hey -- whatever works for 'em

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
interesting that he says he wants to be like Frank Gore and play ten years. Most say I wanna be the next Walter Payton/Barry Sanders, or rush for 2000 yards, or win multiple Super Bowls. Lacy, on the other hand, is setting realistic goals that he will likely accomplish. He appears very well-grounded. Can't wait to watch him against some seven-man boxes this year.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Lacy's family was uprooted by Hurricane Katrina, and they even spent this offseason living in a rented $800-a-month trailer. His family will soon move into a $200,000 house in Louisiana. But the 24-year-old isn't flashy ... he still drives a 1995 Chevy Caprice.
That doesn't make sense... everyone knows we hand out new cars...

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Thinking back to 2010 with Mark, Trent and Eddie, was there ever a better threesome in the history of college football? Eddie waited his turn and look how it turned out for him. I wish more college players used Eddie as a role model in that regard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.