Bill Cosby Is A Bama Fan & Looks Good In His Bama Shirt

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
I remembered playing them because they had a pretty good running back named Paul Palmer.
Yes they did. He was a small RB but very good. If I remember correctly, he played for the Cowboys & the Barcelona Dragons.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Regardless, I've always been a fan of Bill Cosby. He's always projected a wholesome, family image and has been an outspoken critic of the gangsta/thug mentality.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks for the BILL COSBY post and thread Tideman!

Heck....want to know one of the best shows ever on TV?

We go way back to the sixties when Dad used to play these albums on the living room Capehart and we'd all laugh and laugh...especially my Dad.

Hey hey hey.......here comes Fat Albert!

=======

While serving in the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman for four years, Cosby worked in physical therapy with some seriously injured Korean War casualties.[SUP][10][/SUP] He finished his equivalency diploma via correspondence courses.[SUP][11][/SUP] He then won a track and field scholarship to Philadelphia's Temple University in 1961–62,[SUP][12][/SUP] and studied physical education while running track and playing fullback on the football team.

LINK

He was a hammer thrower as well as played on the football team as Earle pointed out.

I don't mind threads like this while waiting for football again. Bill Cosby...an American patriot and an American institution! :)

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Fat Albert was my favorite cartoon as a kid. I also remember him doing something called Picture Pages on public TV. Those were my first acquaintances with him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
"I Spy" - with Robert Culp (RIP) --- what a fantastic TV show.....

He credited Culp with teaching him to act. I remember an old Johnny Carson interview, while that series was still going on and he was already a natural comic. I remember his saying that he thought he was "Acting my foot off," until he saw the rushes. That expression is so southern black/white there couldn't have been more than a small section of the population who understood it...

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
He does have some Alabama connections re: Temple... I remember back when Temple hired Coach Bobby Wallace away from UNA in the late 90s, Cos was a huge supporter of Wallace. Unfortunately it did not end well for Coach up there, but there was a lot of enthusiasm over his hire. Cos even mentioned Wallace on a Letterman appearance and how excited they were, and that Wallace had just won three straight DivII NCs (still quite an accomplishment). My wife, who went to UNA as an undergrad during Wallace's run, was so impressed with that Letterman mention that I think we saved it on a VHS tape...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.