Bill Cosby Is A Bama Fan & Looks Good In His Bama Shirt

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
A friend of mine on FaceBook posted this pic of Bill Cosby wearing a Bama Shirt..I thought it was pretty dadgum cool to see a Mr Cosby wearing a Bama Shirt..Y'all think auburn fans are going to start a petition to get folks to not support Bill Cosby, by boycotting all his movies & TV Shows, that's what usually happens when auburn fans see someone famous wearing Bama clothes or is a Bama Supporter..LOL

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Yup..I love it as well..I've seen few celebs sporting Bama gear, but, I thought it was extra awesome seeing Bill Cosby wearing a Bama Shirt..I've never seen this pic & thought it was really cool as well..
I am pretty sure he is a Temple grad. For him to be sporting an Alabama shirt, he may have a soft spot for us. I also believe Coach Bryant to the Tide to Temple to play a game in the early 80's.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm glad you posted where he went to school at..I had seen a interview of Bill a few years back talking about how much he loved college football & I was trying to remember what school he said he was a fan of cause that's where he had gone to college..It was Temple..You saved me the trouble of googling it..LOL
I am pretty sure he is a Temple grad. For him to be sporting an Alabama shirt, he may have a soft spot for us. I also believe Coach Bryant to the Tide to Temple to play a game in the early 80's.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I'm glad you posted where he went to school at..I had seen a interview of Bill a few years back talking about how much he loved college football & I was trying to remember what school he said he was a fan of cause that's where he had gone to college..It was Temple..You saved me the trouble of googling it..LOL
I was wrong about Alabama playing them during Coach Bryant's last few years though. Alabama played a home and away with Rutgers in 80 and 81 instead of Temple.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I was wrong about Alabama playing them during Coach Bryant's last few years though. Alabama played a home and away with Rutgers in 80 and 81 instead of Temple.
Actually, we played Temple 3 times, '86, '88, and 91. 2 @ home and 1 away, and as you say, none during CPB's time.

Last edited:

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I may be wrong, but I don't think he's a Bama fan or supporter any more than any other school. This picture is from last fall, when he visited the UA President's House (that's President Judy Bonner) during the whole dustup over UA Greek segregation. I think he was simply wearing the colors of the house he was in.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I may be wrong, but I don't think he's a Bama fan or supporter any more than any other school. This picture is from last fall, when he visited the UA President's House (that's President Judy Bonner) during the whole dustup over UA Greek segregation. I think he was simply wearing the colors of the house he was in.
Correct

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Hey got make it sound better than Bill Cosby wearing a Bama Shirt..I had no idea this was from last year..It was posted on Facebook earlier & was the 1st time I'd ever seen it..LOL..Either way it's a very cool pic & thanks for the info behind the pic by the way..

Last edited:

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
If you don't recognize the lady in the picture, it is Dr. Bonner who is president of the University. The picture was taken on the second floor of the President's Mansion last fall. Bill Cosby was in B'ham meeting on another matter. At the same time of his trip to B'ham, there was an issue with University sororities about pledging black ladies going through rush. The sororities wanted to pledge some of the young black ladies, but there was some mild resistance from some older sorority alumnae. Bill Cosby came to Tuscaloosa to visit with Dr. Bonner and lend his support and help. No headlines and no publicity but just a sincere desire to help.
You would be stunned to know some of the people who visit the University without publicity.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Thanks for giving us story behind the pic.That's why I hadn't heard or remembered when Bill had came to visit the campus at Bama & I would love to know some celebs that have come through visiting the campus..As you stated..It would prolly blow our minds if we knew who's all come to campus..
If you don't recognize the lady in the picture, it is Dr. Bonner who is president of the University. The picture was taken on the second floor of the President's Mansion last fall. Bill Cosby was in B'ham meeting on another matter. At the same time of his trip to B'ham, there was an issue with University sororities about pledging black ladies going through rush. The sororities wanted to pledge some of the young black ladies, but there was some mild resistance from some older sorority alumnae. Bill Cosby came to Tuscaloosa to visit with Dr. Bonner and lend his support and help. No headlines and no publicity but just a sincere desire to help.
You would be stunned to know some of the people who visit the University without publicity.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Awesome..I never knew Bill actually played college football at Temple..And was a DB to boot..Coach Saban should have recruited him while he was on campus & seeing how DB's are the position Coach Saban coaches himself at Bama..
He actually played defensive back for Temple...

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
He actually played defensive back for Temple...
But after the great Bucko Kilroy and before old friend Bruce Arians' time at Temple, Earle - though he may well have had that CJ Mosleyish instinct for finding the football...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.