CB / S Rico McGraw Decommits From Alabama

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
Re: CB / S Rico McGraw Updates (Georgia Commit Flipping to Alabama?)

This is going to be a great class! I'm loving it. Welcome to the Capstone, Rico!

RTR

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
*** CB / S Rico McGraw Commits to Alabama ***

Great pickup. Love his comment on flipping to Bama," they breathe football there."

I'm curious though, will our continuing to recruit DBS hurt us with Minkah F.? I would think not if the kid is a intense competitor, but hopefully he has got the message that he is very important to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Re: CB / S Rico McGraw Updates (Georgia Commit Flipping to Alabama?)

Good to get outstanding talent from Tennessee. There are not that many outstanding players in this state, so to get one that is ranked highly is great. Plus, it will be a lot closer for his family to see games.
Hopefully we can add the two guys out of Memphis, although we are filling up fast.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: *** CB / S Rico McGraw Commits to Alabama ***

Great pickup. Love his comment on flipping to Bama," they breathe football there."

I'm curious though, will our continuing to recruit DBS hurt us with Minkah F.? I would think not if the kid is a intense competitor, but hopefully he has got the message that he is very important to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
with 6 db's committed, I think we would be done at DB. I think we want a LB and OT. If one of the stud RBs wanted to commit, we'd have a spot; same for Payne. That'd be our 25 unless we have a de commit or two which is possible. I don't think Minkah is one of the ones to be concerned with flipping.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I'm not overwhelmingly worried about Fitzpatrick, but it's very much possible we may get a de-commitment or two from our current DB crop.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

with 6 db's committed, I think we would be done at DB. I think we want a LB and OT. If one of the stud RBs wanted to commit, we'd have a spot; same for Payne. That'd be our 25 unless we have a de commit or two which is possible. I don't think Minkah is one of the ones to be concerned with flipping.
I'd wager it's more than possible, and I figure we'll have at least three (and perhaps one or two more) on down the stretch.

It's nothing to be unexpected, really, nor really any cause for concern. You're just not getting 20+ commitments more than six months away from NSD and not have some defections, especially when most of those kids are highly-recruited who could go just about anywhere, and that's just the new reality with the highly-accelerated recruiting timetables that have developed.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I'd wager it's more than possible, and I figure we'll have at least three (and perhaps one or two more) on down the stretch.

It's nothing to be unexpected, really, nor really any cause for concern. You're just not getting 20+ commitments more than six months away from NSD and not have some defections, especially when most of those kids are highly-recruited who could go just about anywhere, and that's just the new reality with the highly-accelerated recruiting timetables that have developed.
I think we'll definitely see at least 1 go and I think our max attrition from current commits is 3 (unless some have lingering grade concerns).

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I'm not overwhelmingly worried about Fitzpatrick, but it's very much possible we may get a de-commitment or two from our current DB crop.
I agree, Fitzpatrick knows he has the ability to be a definite fixture in our secondary so it should be any immediate worries about him flipping. Back to the subject tho ... great pickup on McGraw!

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Welcome Mr. McGraw! Can we call you Uncle Rico? Please?

"How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind."

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I think we'll definitely see at least 1 go and I think our max attrition from current commits is 3 (unless some have lingering grade concerns).
With these types of kids, quality wise, and with this much time to go to NSD, and considering the talent and depth on campus now, If we finish with 3 or fewer de-commits, our coaching staff would have to be in the running for greatest recruiting staff ever IMHO.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

With these types of kids, quality wise, and with this much time to go to NSD, and considering the talent and depth on campus now, If we finish with 3 or fewer de-commits, our coaching staff would have to be in the running for greatest recruiting staff ever IMHO.
I think that fact was established in 2008 and has done nothing but be re-established and re-emphasized every year since.
The only competitor, in my opinion, would be the 80's-90's Miami teams, but they really only had to recruit from the Miami area and south Florida as a whole. Coach Saban recruits from Alabama to California to Australia for goodness sakes lol.
I personally have never seen anything like it.
80-90% of our signees every single year are considered to be bona fide future NFL prospects.
We never had that at Bama before Saban.
It's almost ridiculous, but it's incredibly great.
sip

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I think that fact was established in 2008 and has done nothing but be re-established and re-emphasized every year since.
The only competitor, in my opinion, would be the 80's-90's Miami teams, but they really only had to recruit from the Miami area and south Florida as a whole. Coach Saban recruits from Alabama to California to Australia for goodness sakes lol.
I personally have never seen anything like it.
80-90% of our signees every single year are considered to be bona fide future NFL prospects.
We never had that at Bama before Saban.
It's almost ridiculous, but it's incredibly great.
sip
I totally agree. Even during the Bryant era where we were either winning or being right there with N.C. we did not have this type talent and it's not close. Saban has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is the greatest recruiter of all time (as CSS stated) and he will soon become arguably the greatest coach of all time when he wins multiple more N.C.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Re: *** CB / S Rico McGraw decommits

Oh well, best of luck to him. I wonder if the addition of Tucker had anything to do with it?

(And I mean nothing against coach tucker by saying that. I'm just curious if a new position coach who the recruit has no relationship to may have affected his decision.)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Oh well, best of luck to him. I wonder if the addition of Tucker had anything to do with it?

(And I mean nothing against coach tucker by saying that. I'm just curious if a new position coach who the recruit has no relationship to may have affected his decision.)
no....this appears to be parents wanted him at Bama and he wants to be at UGA

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I remember when my mother wanted me to go to local college and I really wanted to go to Jacksonville state... She knew.... I flamed out after one year at JSU. He's going ot have to learn that sometime we dont always make best decisions because we dont consider factors at our young age.
no....this appears to be parents wanted him at Bama and he wants to be at UGA

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

I remember when my mother wanted me to go to local college and I really wanted to go to Jacksonville state... She knew.... I flamed out after one year at JSU. He's going ot have to learn that sometime we dont always make best decisions because we dont consider factors at our young age.
I remember when Landon Collins mom wanted him to go to LSU and he wanted to go to Alabama. She didn't know. He excelled at Alabama and will be a 1st round pick in a few months.

Not every case is the same. We shouldn't assume his parents were right and he was wrong just because he picked against us.

Best of luck to the kid.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.