CB / S Rico McGraw Decommits From Alabama

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: *** CB / S Rico McGraw decommits

Of course not we shouldn't assume. I just felt like he is in better situation here at Alabama... but at Georgia, he has clearer path to playing time... I can't fault him for that.
I remember when Landon Collins mom wanted him to go to LSU and he wanted to go to Alabama. She didn't know. He excelled at Alabama and will be a 1st round pick in a few months.

Not every case is the same. We shouldn't assume his parents were right and he was wrong just because he picked against us.

Best of luck to the kid.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

The easiest path is not always the best path.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I remember when my mother wanted me to go to local college and I really wanted to go to Jacksonville state... She knew.... I flamed out after one year at JSU. He's going ot have to learn that sometime we dont always make best decisions because we dont consider factors at our young age.
When I'm drafting wills, I always advise withholding distribution until age 25. I always thought that kids weren't really mature until then and recent brain research upholds that. OTOH, those my age sometimes had to assume heavy responsibilities years before that age...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

It all depends on maturity level of a person. That's why I made that comment, because if his parent really want him to go to Bama... It could be because of his maturity issues that only his parent knows and they thought that CNS system will be good for him.... while Rico is more focused on finding the clear path to playing time.... not necessary about off the field.... I wish him the best in whatever he decides and pray that he turns out to be fine young man who can contribute to society in few years.
When I'm drafting wills, I always advise withholding distribution until age 25. I always thought that kids weren't really mature until then and recent brain research upholds that. OTOH, those my age sometimes had to assume heavy responsibilities years before that age...

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Re: *** CB / S Rico McGraw Commits to Alabama ***

Thanks SJC. Been rumored for a while and I expected it.
I kind of did too. I expected him to end up at Safety. With Harrison and Thompson already on campus and his GA leanings all along I just wasn't sure he was hooked. Not that I would not like to have him.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

I hope Rico stays healthy, does not get hurt playing, gets a degree, and has success in his personal life, but no well wishes in his football career at georgia.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

I kind of did too. I expected him to end up at Safety. With Harrison and Thompson already on campus and his GA leanings all along I just wasn't sure he was hooked. Not that I would not like to have him.
Rico is not hooked on UGA, he is hooked on with Jeremy Pruitt. Rico likes Bama, but loves Jeremy Pruitt. I just hope JP is at Georgia for their love affair to last....JP is known to jump ship at anytime....

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

This decommit goes right back to what I said in another thread about QBs transferring because of not starting. Regardless of his reason for decommiting I feel he saw the handwriting on the wall about the competition at Alabama and rationalized that his chances of getting on the field sooner or at all were better in Athens. Whether or not Pruitt stretched the truth or not is not known but IMO McGraw probably made a wise decision.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

This decommit goes right back to what I said in another thread about QBs transferring because of not starting. Regardless of his reason for decommiting I feel he saw the handwriting on the wall about the competition at Alabama and rationalized that his chances of getting on the field sooner or at all were better in Athens. Whether or not Pruitt stretched the truth or not is not known but IMO McGraw probably made a wise decision.
I think so.

Look at the other GA commits in his class and who they already have on campus in comparison it is pretty easy to see that thinking. Whether or not he likes the coaches there more, he has a better chance of playing. That is not something I would hold against him.

It really gets down to whether he just wants to play or prove he is the best. If you want to prove you are the best, beating out the best for playing time is how you do it.

If your goals is just the NFL it doesn't matter. These days you do not need 3 years of playing to showcase enough work to earn a high draft pick. They will see your work just fine at either school.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I'm gonna go all sexist here, but I think it's different for males and females. Females from my experience and IMO reach that point oftentimes earlier, by several years, and males can sometime go as far as 28.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.