Preseason USAToday Coaches' Poll Released

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
56 first place votes for FSU, 3 for the Sooners and one for tOSU. I wonder who voted for tOSU. Urban, you out there???

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'll be in the minority but there is no way we should be #2. I was hoping we would start in the bottom half of the Top 10. We have positional group question marks everywhere except LB, WR and RB, are breaking in a new QB and Kickers and were humiliated in the final two games yet the boys get to just roll out ranked #2 when complacency was already a problem last year? This team needs a wake up call. Maybe starting at #8-10 would have sent the message that 'hey you guys are going to have to EARN a Top 3 ranking again after last year'.

JMHO but we needed to feel like Hunters and and not the Hunted to start this season. It's not like we wouldn't crack the Top 4 if we won all our reg season games anyway. The last thing we need is more feelings of entitlement.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
South Carolina a #1 vote!!

Everyone has known we would be #2. I wonder what coach voted FSU #3.

Last edited:

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I'll be in the minority but there is no way we should be #2. I was hoping we would start in the bottom half of the Top 10. We have positional group question marks everywhere except LB, WR and RB, are breaking in a new QB and Kickers and were humiliated in the final two games yet the boys get to just roll out ranked #2 when complacency was already a problem last year? This team needs a wake up call. Maybe starting at #8-10 would have sent the message that 'hey you guys are going to have to EARN a Top 3 ranking again after last year'.

JMHO but we needed to feel like Hunters and and not the Hunted to start this season. It's not like we wouldn't crack the Top 4 if we won all our reg season games anyway. The last thing we need is more feelings of entitlement.
It's not where you start it where you finish. This doesn't mean anything. This has no impact on where our boys' heads are.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005

I certainly see what you're saying with regards to us having some questions with certain positional groups. However, what I don't know is what questions other team around the county have regarding their teams. I don't really study other teams rosters enough to form too good of an opinion. Now I do hear a lot of the pundits talking about the PAC 12 closing the gap on the SEC and they always mention that it's due to the returning qbs in that league. My question is what does the rest of the roster look like? I assume the thought process for Bama being ranked #2, is that while we may have some uncertainty at some spots, the players in question will no doubt have been highly touted recruits for the most part and this may be the reason we are getting the benefit of the doubt. I can't wait for kick off!!!!!!!!!

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
I have no problem with FSU, 'Bama and Oregon in the top 4 - but Oklahoma? If I had to pick the final 4 for the playoff this year, I would definitely not have them included. It wouldbe those 3 plus the winner of Ohio State / Michigan State. I can see Oklahoma losing 2 games this year.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

I understand what you're saying. Lower expectations and the 'dis' can temporarily motivate a team and take some of the pressure off but I feel this is the wrong way to go about getting motivated. In my opinion, it's always better to start out at the top than farther back. Why? If you lose a game and no one else stays undefeated or has no more than 1 loss, you're still at the top. This season though, I don't think it will matter. I still believe the committee is going to take the top 4 of the 5 "power" conference winners. There will be no 2 teams from the same conference in the current scenario unless maybe something extraordinary happens (and even then it won't be from the SEC -- the hate, jealousy and [BUTTOCKS]-hurt is too strong).

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I have no problem with FSU, 'Bama and Oregon in the top 4 - but Oklahoma? If I had to pick the final 4 for the playoff this year, I would definitely not have them included. It wouldbe those 3 plus the winner of Ohio State / Michigan State. I can see Oklahoma losing 2 games this year.
I want them to go undefeated in the regular season so Alabama can get revenge in them in the playoff.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
maybe you didn't see how they played in the Sugar Bowl.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.