Preseason USAToday Coaches' Poll Released

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
FSU is a joke - look at their schedule last season....and this season. Unbelievable!

They played no one last season - until the barn....and they almost lost that one!

They would have been hammered if they would have played Bama last year.

Polls don't really mean that much at the start of the season as we all know but how FSU is ranked #1 is beyond me!

What a FARCE!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
FSU is a joke - look at their schedule last season....and this season. Unbelievable!

They played no one last season - until the barn....and they almost lost that one!

They would have been hammered if they would have played Bama last year.

Polls don't really mean that much at the start of the season as we all know but how FSU is ranked #1 is beyond me!

What a FARCE!
says the Gator. I actually agree with you. Why does FSU get a pass on weak scheduling?

I think their Sugar Bowl performance had more to do with how poorly our secondary played.
did you not notice the blue font?

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
This is all well and good right now but I could care less if we start at 1, 10, or wherever they want to rank us. I care about polls alot more in January when the season is over. If we do our thing we will be there at the top in the end,if we slip up a time or two we likely want be there. I have always been part of the crowd that thinks polls should not even be released until week 3 or 4 because this years ranking right now is mostly based on how teams did last year, and we all know things can change alot from one year to the next.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
I have no problem with FSU, 'Bama and Oregon in the top 4 - but Oklahoma? If I had to pick the final 4 for the playoff this year, I would definitely not have them included. It wouldbe those 3 plus the winner of Ohio State / Michigan State. I can see Oklahoma losing 2 games this year.
I hope not, bcuz I bet our boys would just love to have a rematch with them....

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I still don't understand the rationale for ranking us ahead of either OU or the barn at this time. #7, which is where we ended up at the end of last season, seems about right to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I still don't understand the rationale for ranking us ahead of either OU or the barn at this time. #7, which is where we ended up at the end of last season, seems about right to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I wonder if we will ever be ranked that "low" in the preseason polls...as long as Saban is here. I know we were before 2009. But now with our talent and respect...I always see us as a top 5 preseason team.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I still don't understand the rationale for ranking us ahead of either OU or the barn at this time. #7, which is where we ended up at the end of last season, seems about right to me.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well, we haven't seen any 2014 team play yet (which is why I think preseason polls are silly), so all we have to go off of are accumulated talent, returning experience, and expectations based on past coaching performance. Considering that we have been accumulating talent far better than anyone else and coaching has been exceptional (3 NC in 5 years), I'm having a hard time identifying six teams that clearly deserve a higher preseason ranking than us. FSU clearly does - they've been recruiting well also, and are returning most of the core of last year's NC-winning team. But other than that, who? Oklahoma, maybe.

I wonder if we will ever be ranked that "low" in the preseason polls...as long as Saban is here. I know we were before 2009. But now with our talent and respect...I always see us as a top 3 preseason team.
FIFY

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Well, we haven't seen any 2014 team play yet (which is why I think preseason polls are silly), so all we have to go off of are accumulated talent, returning experience, and expectations based on past coaching performance. Considering that we have been accumulating talent far better than anyone else and coaching has been exceptional (3 NC in 5 years), I'm having a hard time identifying six teams that clearly deserve a higher preseason ranking than us. FSU clearly does - they've been recruiting well also, and are returning most of the core of last year's NC-winning team. But other than that, who? Oklahoma, maybe.

FIFY
I thought that was settled on the field back in January. That OU team kicked our butts and their qb and most of that team returns.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I thought that was settled on the field back in January. That OU team kicked our butts and their qb and most of that team returns.
That game settled the ranking of the 2013 teams. I don't see how it has end-all, be-all bearing on the preseason order of the 2014 teams though. Like I said, I can see an argument for the Sooners being ranked ahead of Bama. I can also see an argument for them being ranked behind Bama. What I can't see is an argument for many if any other teams being ranked ahead of Bama.

If you see the Sooners at 2 and Bama at 7, who do you see at 3-6?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Ole Miss is ranked and in the Top 20? That's a head scratcher to me.
The one that makes no sense is atm at #20. All that does is give SC a win over a ranked team in week one. They will lose 4 or 5 of their first 8 games and will do well to win 6 games. I have them at 5-7 (1-7).

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.