Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

2013 WR Earnest Robinson Signs With Auburn, Fails to Qualify

was visited by Jim McElwain yesterday and could get an offer at camp.
    YouTube - ‪Earnest Robinson PVHS 2013‬‏

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar

Re: 2013 WR Earnest Robinson Update

I am seeing RUMORS that he could commit soon. Anyone in the know have any info on him. Heard his visit this past weekend really went well. Again just rumors but curious.

BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com
    Would have committed this past weekend but his coach wants him to take other visits.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

He'll be one of the top players in the state next year, and one of the top WRs in the SE (and nation for that matter).
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I really enjoyed the coach yelling in the background for that video. Pretty funny.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jay G. Tate had a bit in the Montgomery Advertiser this morning saying Earnest committed to Auburn. I'm on my phone so I can't link anything.

He commited to AU and they played the 4 year scholarship card along with the what happens if the team runs out of room deal.

Given about 1/3 of a class just doesn't pan out one way or another,, where will this practice leave a program five years down the road? That's 35-40 out of an 85 man "roster".

Another deal with the alleged four-year scholarship. I believe we'll be headed that way shortly, like it or not.

Either way, kind of been trending this way with Robinson. We've seen a lot of talk in recent weeks about recruiting other big wide receivers, so you could kind of see where this was heading.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: 2013 WR Earnest Robinson Commits to Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Tider View Post
    Would have committed this past weekend but his coach wants him to take other visits.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    now we know why

Quote Originally Posted by buzzincuzzin View Post
    Given about 1/3 of a class just doesn't pan out one way or another,, where will this practice leave a program five years down the road? That's 35-40 out of an 85 man "roster".
    Four year scholarships are just window dressing and nothing more. If a players violates a team or school rule, which seems to happen alot across these programs, they will void any scholarship they have. Also players that transfer do so because they want more playing time and once they leave their scholarship will no longer count against the school. The same goes for any player going on a medical scholarship, they will no longer count against the 85 number. You may have every few years a player refusing to give up his scholarship, but I am sure the coaches can make it tough for him come practice time, because to keep it, even though he does not see the field, means he still has to show up and practice.

Again I see it as window dressing and nothing more.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonBleedRed's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tide Warrior View Post
    Four year scholarships are just window dressing and nothing more.

Yep. I think the 4 year schloarship are going to attract the wrong kind of recruit to *U. I have a feeling that the smarter players are going to see through the BS.
    The quote of the week came when Upshaw noted the AU coaching staff was still recruiting him. “They said I could come to AU and be another Quentin Groves. I told them that I could go to Alabama and be another Quentin Groves,” he said.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Auburn spewed the talk about Taylor and Philon. If Bama will be in fights with Auburn for recruits, they're going to continue to spew that crap. Recruits need to talk to TJ Yeldon about one of his reasons for switching to Bama and how Auburn was promising him things at the cost of a current player.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!