Fall Practice Begins and CNS Speaks to the Media

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here are some pictures the media has tweeted from the viewing session this morning. CNS should meet with the media during the day IIRC from years past.

Notice in the above picture who is not in a black no contact jersey.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
TideSports' morning practice report.

Alabama hit the the field for the first time Friday for the first practice of a split-squad practice day. Here is what I saw during the limited viewing period.

Eddie Jackson was going through drill in a regular jersey (no pads) with a knee brace on his right knee. I wouldn't read too much into it, but it's a positive sign that he was backpedaling, planting and cutting.

Jake Coker, Blake Sims and Cooper Bateman were the quarterbacks out for the morning practice. They were throwing to Amari Cooper, DeAndrew White, Robert Foster, Chris Black, and Christion Jones. Tight ends were O.J. Howard, Brian Vogler and Malcolm Faciane.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Gribble's morning practice report.

Two other newcomers on the field: P JK Scott and OL Dominick Jackson. Jackson worked with the second group of offensive linemen at right guard, but the group didn't have enough for two full teams, so some players ran with both.

Interestingly, Alphonse Taylor was at RG with the first group. Left to right, it was Cam Robinson, Arie Kouandjio, Ryan Kelly, Taylor and Austin Shepherd. Leon Brown was not present.
Video of Coker and Sims throwing

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Great to have some actual, tangible stuff to talk about!!!

On Gribble's video, looks like Coker was struggling a little bit with some high throws. Sims looked a little more consistent in what little we saw.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I see Dillon Lee was leading drills for the OLB. I think he is going to have a monster year.
Lee has the potential to be one heck of a ballplayer, but he has been his own worst enemy the past couple of years with the off-field stuff. Hopefully he can stay healthy and keep his nose clean.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I loved the video, we finally see that Coker exists. ;) Coker looks huge, I don't see him going down easily.

It was great seeing Kiffin out there coaching and engaging with the players.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I loved the video, we finally see that Coker exists. ;) Coker looks huge, I don't see him going down easily.
Looking throught the pics, in one Coker is holding the football with one hand and the ball looks like a Jr. size football in my hands.

He's a big guy!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
CNS will speak to the media at 11:45. Al.com will have live updates. Also, a live video stream.

Nick Saban: We're certainly excited to be back with our team, back to practice.
Saban: The time is now. Everything you do all year long … is in preparation of the next 4-5 months.
Saban: The challenge is to resurrect the identity of what we want Alabama football to be.
Saban: I want the identity of this team to be "we." All players together. "We do not have a depth chart right now."
Saban: Bo Scarbrough is appealing, he's very close to qualifying. Goal is to get him in January.
Saban says Bo Scarbrough is "close" to qualifying and there is an "appeal in place" but it will take some time.
Jarran Reed, Brandon Ivory, Tim Williams are all suspended for violation of team rules. Door open to return, no date of return, per Saban.
Saban says CB Eddie Jackson is on a "pitch count" to see what he can do.
Saban: Eddie Jackson is limited in his reps - a "pitch count." Can do straight line running, working on cutting/changing directions
Saban says DeAndrew White (toe) and Darren Lake (pectoral) are 100 percent.
Saban says split practices gives coaches a chance to completely focus on the new guys and get them acclimated.
Saban lists three things he's looking for in a quarterback: 1) Judgement/decision making. 2)Accuracy. 3)Leadership.
Saban on QBs: As anxious as everyone is to find out, we can’t make something happen before we … evaluate it fairly for everyone.
Saban on secondary: We have more guys with more experience. Says last year was painful at times, but should prepare players for this year.
Saban on experience in the Secondary last year: "Those were some painful times that we had to go through"
Saban: Last year we had the most inexperienced players in the secondary that we've ever had.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.