Report from SATURDAY'S Practice

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Cooper was severely underrated and many scouts felt Black was a little too high. There were several scouts who saw AJ Green in Coop and rightfully predicted he would be a standout at Bama. Cooper is a top five receiver. If Black is better than Coop (and I really don't think he is), we've got two top 5 receivers and should have no problem scoring. But just because he was rated higher than Coop out of high school doesn't mean that much.
Chris Black has pretty much scored nearly every time he's touched the football at UA. Of course, not 100%, but close.
He's a special talent. I don't think there's anything wrong with having him and Amari on the same field at the same time. Doesn't that make us kinda, "stronger"?
sip

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Chris Black has pretty much scored nearly every time he's touched the football at UA. Of course, not 100%, but close.
He's a special talent. I don't think there's anything wrong with having him and Amari on the same field at the same time. Doesn't that make us kinda, "stronger"?
sip
Black had 3 TDs on 9 touches last year.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I tend to trust what a couple of theses recruiting services says, cause they make a living watching tapes & going to recruiting events in person, to watch these recruits, so they can produce as accurate of talent evaluations as they possible can..You may very well be right though..
Cooper was severely underrated and many scouts felt Black was a little too high. There were several scouts who saw AJ Green in Coop and rightfully predicted he would be a standout at Bama. Cooper is a top five receiver. If Black is better than Coop (and I really don't think he is), we've got two top 5 receivers and should have no problem scoring. But just because he was rated higher than Coop out of high school doesn't mean that much.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I tend to trust what a couple of theses recruiting services says, cause they make a living watching tapes & going to recruiting events in person, to watch these recruits, so they can produce as accurate of talent evaluations as they possible can..You may very well be right though..
Usually they rank players near where they should be, probably within ten spots in either direction. But there are numerous examples of their under- and overrating guys. Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, Mark Ingram, Marcel Dareus, Suh... Chris Black may be the 56th best player from his recruiting year. Actually he may be better than that. But Coop is top ten.

Maybe Black will surprise me and play at a level near him. That would be tons of fun.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.