Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

****2014 Crown Jewel Countdown: #19 - C, J.C. Hassenauer****

Scouting Report
    Spent the majority of his time in high school playing center rather than bouncing around different spots on the offensive line, which would typically give him a leg up when playing the position early on in Tuscaloosa.
    He's a big kid that plays with toughness and has shown the ability to consistently stall the mammoths that play NG without help

BigEasyTider's Take
    True center prospect, who played the position throughout his high school career. Dominated the Minnesota prep ranks, which didn't exactly generate great attention given the relatively low level of competition, but he was a standout on the camp circuit against a lot of highly-touted recruits, including several that Alabama signed.

Frame and build are good and as expected with a natural center. Actual length is probably around 6'2, and he looks to be in the 290-pound range, which is a good deal higher than Ryan Kelly when he signed out of Ohio. Hassenauer bends well at the waste and moves with relative ease out to the second level, all of which is critical to a center.

Downside on Hassenauer? He's a true center prospect, and I'm not sure he can ever really win a starting job at guard in Tuscaloosa (and he won't even get a look at tackle). In other words, he's either the long-term solution at center, or he's likely to be just another guy on the depth chart.

runtheoption22's Take
    Hassenhauer is nasty. I feel like he is a long term solution at center. At elite camps, he dominated most defensive lineman, including some very high profile and much higher rated guys.

WMack4Bama's Take
    He possesses some very good traits to help him be successful as a center. "Psycho" is how some of his teammates describe him. Very nasty on the field. Strong as an ox. And he's very quick. He could use some work, however, on some technical things like use of his hands and his footwork. Luckily, Ryan Kelly is fully entrenched at Center for Alabama with two years of eligibility remaining. And although Chad Lindsay left a void when he transferred out, last year's all everything freshman lineman Grant Hill would probably step in in the event that something happened to Kelly. So best case scenario, this is a redshirt year for Hassenauer to get stronger, work on technique, and learn other positions along the line.
    Last edited by runtheoption22; August 6th, 2014 at 07:41 PM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: ****2014 Crown Jewel Countdown: #19 - C, J.C. Hassenauer****

JC and Casher have me excited for the future of our interior OL play.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    I'm VERY high on Casher. Will go in-depth when we make it to him
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    Me too ! I think they were the no 1 and no 2 centers on the 247 composite rankings.....and CRob was the no 1 tackle....and Dominic Jackson was the no 1 Juco.....and Pierschbacher was the best player of his state. It's almost unfair !

FB | REC Moderator

Bumped for the added evaluation.

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

bump