****2014 Crown Jewel Countdown: #19 - C, J.C. Hassenauer****

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Scouting Report
Spent the majority of his time in high school playing center rather than bouncing around different spots on the offensive line, which would typically give him a leg up when playing the position early on in Tuscaloosa.
He's a big kid that plays with toughness and has shown the ability to consistently stall the mammoths that play NG without help

BigEasyTider's Take
True center prospect, who played the position throughout his high school career. Dominated the Minnesota prep ranks, which didn't exactly generate great attention given the relatively low level of competition, but he was a standout on the camp circuit against a lot of highly-touted recruits, including several that Alabama signed.

Frame and build are good and as expected with a natural center. Actual length is probably around 6'2, and he looks to be in the 290-pound range, which is a good deal higher than Ryan Kelly when he signed out of Ohio. Hassenauer bends well at the waste and moves with relative ease out to the second level, all of which is critical to a center.

Downside on Hassenauer? He's a true center prospect, and I'm not sure he can ever really win a starting job at guard in Tuscaloosa (and he won't even get a look at tackle). In other words, he's either the long-term solution at center, or he's likely to be just another guy on the depth chart.

runtheoption22's Take
Hassenhauer is nasty. I feel like he is a long term solution at center. At elite camps, he dominated most defensive lineman, including some very high profile and much higher rated guys.

WMack4Bama's Take
He possesses some very good traits to help him be successful as a center. "Psycho" is how some of his teammates describe him. Very nasty on the field. Strong as an ox. And he's very quick. He could use some work, however, on some technical things like use of his hands and his footwork. Luckily, Ryan Kelly is fully entrenched at Center for Alabama with two years of eligibility remaining. And although Chad Lindsay left a void when he transferred out, last year's all everything freshman lineman Grant Hill would probably step in in the event that something happened to Kelly. So best case scenario, this is a redshirt year for Hassenauer to get stronger, work on technique, and learn other positions along the line.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
JC and Casher have me excited for the future of our interior OL play.
Me too ! I think they were the no 1 and no 2 centers on the 247 composite rankings.....and CRob was the no 1 tackle....and Dominic Jackson was the no 1 Juco.....and Pierschbacher was the best player of his state. It's almost unfair !

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.